Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric ELM
    • Nov 2001

Members able to edit one forum

I was going to post this in vBulletin 2 'How Do I' Questions forum, but I am not a vBulletin owner, so I was unable to post there. I am an administrator of a fairly large board, but not the owner of it.

I have this question, is it possible to set up one forum so the members can edit their posts at any time? We want to set one up to list their lawn equipment and be able to edit their post if they add more equipment during the season. Right now I have to edit their posts for them and add this info and with over 5,000 members, it adds to much work to the job.

We have the forums set so they can only edit their posts for up to 5 minutes. We need to keep the other forums set this way so whole threads don't get deleted if the author of the thread decides to delete his/her post and lose the whole thread. This happened one time when we didn't have this feature turned on.

Thanks in advance
    Eric
    www.lawnsite.com admin.
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

Ask the licence owner to log into the members area and enter your username for priority support.

Or he can use this link;

You will not recieve support until this is done.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• Eric ELM
      • Nov 2001

Ok, thanks for the help, I will do this.

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

I'm afraid there is no way to do what you want without code hacking.

Though what you could possibly do is set it so that people can edit for ever, but don't have permission to delete their posts. That would bypass both problems you mentioned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...