Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • da_stimulator
    • Oct 2001

Support for SQL Server?

I was wondering if vbulliten has support for SQL server, as I have a potential client who has 100 megs of SQL database space and does not want to invest in MySQL space from his server (his sql db is hosted on another server) - He's very interested in Vbulliten but I wanted to be sure I can use SQL, as I know there are some differences in Queries used between MySQL and SQL Server.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

At this time mySQL is the only database supported. Others may be added in the future but there's no timeline and no databases have been decided on.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kaizen
      • Aug 2001

Where can I download these other databases?

Like SQL Server; the win2000 one; and that ProstgrateSql thing on f2s ?
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

• JamesUS
        • Aug 2000

Well if you have a spare $1k or so you can get MS SQL Server. PostgresSQL is available from http://www.postgresql.net.

There are links for older versions of Oracle/Sybase around on these boards as well (search for posts by MattR).

Comment

• Kaizen
          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by JamesUS
          Well if you have a spare $1k or so you can get MS SQL Server. PostgresSQL is available from http://www.postgresql.net.

There are links for older versions of Oracle/Sybase around on these boards as well (search for posts by MattR).
          Thx man
          Email: [email protected]
          Site: Under Construction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...