Almost ready to pull the trigger and get VB 4.0 Publishing Suite. Need more info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadioErewan
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

4.0.2 is expected to be released at the end of this week, but it was delayed two or three times.
    Problems are all around Licensed customers feedback, vB4 troubleshoting forums and bugtracker (all hidden from guests). Anyway, bugtracker has more than 1000 not fixed bugs, so nobody expects it to be sumarized at current stage of development. For last two months we have no feedback from developers and management, all of them are bug chasing now.

Regards

Comment

• Mike Anime
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

at least the delay was for good reasons. it is just too bad they didn't do the same for 4.0.0 "gold"

Comment

• RadioErewan
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime
        at least the delay was for good reasons. it is just too bad they didn't do the same for 4.0.0 "gold"
        Have nothing against this delay.

Comment

• choitz
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RadioErewan
          It is "ready", we have "gold" product, but my advice is to check its functionality before conversion. ]:->
          Originally posted by RadioErewan
          4.0.2 is expected to be released at the end of this week, but it was delayed two or three times.
          Problems are all around Licensed customers feedback, vB4 troubleshoting forums and bugtracker (all hidden from guests). Anyway, bugtracker has more than 1000 not fixed bugs, so nobody expects it to be sumarized at current stage of development. For last two months we have no feedback from developers and management, all of them are bug chasing now.

Regards
          I have no complaints about the delay of 4.0.2 either. My complaint is that I unfortunately did not buy before "Gold" with it's allegedly "minor" bugs. No, stupidly I paid full price after they fixed some of the "minor" bugs a couple of weeks after Gold came out... the fact that they had already scheduled 4.0.2 (before delaying and delaying again) all the while charging people full price for what they knew was not a fully working product, to me seems scandalous.

Hopefully 4.0.2 will work. There will always be "nice-to-haves" and little glitches, but the bugs in 4.0.1 are not of this nature.

The CMS is not fully customisable using the CMS controls or from the Style Vars. So you will have to scratch about in the multiple CSSs and hack away to acheive anything - fully aware that a new realease is going to be available and overwrite your work "next week". If you question when it will be available, you can expect helpful responses suchas "when it's ready".

People have tried to compare this to going through buying Windows 7, but frankly it's more like staying at Fawlty Towers.
          See post #49 by IJeffers
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...11#post1927011
          Sums it up!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...