Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M_E_W
    • Nov 2001

Before I purchase...bandwidth question

How much bandwidth does vB ussualy take. On my site I'm running a site and if vB didn't take up as much probely a vB on it. The only question is I need to know how much it ussualy takes up per month because I only have 200MB space and 10GB transfer. Would that be enough, or do I need to upgrade my account to the next plan that would give me 350MB space and 15GB bandwidth...would that be better for running it or? Well I hope someone can help me, thanks!
  • thewitt
    • Mar 2001
    • 3.0.0 Gamma

I hope you understand that no one can answer this question without at least knowing how many users you will have, how many page views per month, how many new messages posted per month, etc.

Without expected usage stats, there is no way anyone could even guess how much bandwidth your vB will use.

There are some board here getting 10,000 new messages a month. There are others getting 10. Needless to say, both will have significantly different bandwidth requirements.

There is no such thing as an "average" bandwidth requirement.

-t
    Tim Hewitt
    myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
    myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

• M_E_W
      • Nov 2001

Well this would be a fresh vB with no members starting because it's a new hosting site I'm doing. Anyways on my othersite that runs ubb I have about 300+ members, alot of them posted alot, and I'd give you the stats but the server is down for that site so I can't access them.

Now onto another thing if let's say I'd got 50 active members and they each posted on a regular basis how much bandwidth do you think I would use around. I just need a estimate pretty much.

Comment

• WizyWyg
        • Jul 2001

Again, there is no way to determine the bandwidth usage. One month it could only be 3kb the next 10 gb. Sites with "a lot" of members could have 3 gb of bandwidth a month and sites with the same amount of members could have only 500 megs of bandwidth a month.

It depends on your visitors, posters and how many people are viewing at the same time.
        Vbulletin can handle thousands at one time.
        There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• M_E_W
          • Nov 2001

Well I just bought a vB licence and I'm verry happy ^_^;;. I'm currently installing on my server and I hope all goes well. Well thanks for the help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...