Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joecool
    • Nov 2001

Using Templates to Customize A Site

This message is a follow-up to my original post: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=33876

I have been discussing with JamesUS using templates in order to pull in vBulletin into my existing PHP site (see post above). James asked me to take our private conversation to the boards as he would be out of pocket for a few days - so here it is.

JamesUS gave me the following advice in order to modify the templates in order to customize the board for my environment:

"You need to put everything above where you want the forum content to go in
    the 'header' template.

For each of the includes, you need to use this code in the 'phpinclude'
    template:

ob_start();
    require("yourheader.html");
    $header = ob_get_contents();
    ob_end_clean();

Changing the variable name and file name each time - then replace the
    require/include statements with the variable name (eg $header).

Then put everything else in the footer template."
    Last edited by joecool; Sun 25 Nov '01, 5:25am.
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

You need the (); after ob_end_clean as well. That may be what the problem was.

Comment

• joecool
      • Nov 2001

Thanks, I did have a cut/paste error and went back in and added the "();" after the ob_end_clean(); but this did not have an affect.

The templates are all updated on the admin demo for the default template. Anyone can go look at this right now and see what is current and also, what is not working.

Can someone please go in and look at this and tell me what is wrong? I was extremely excited about this board and was ready to purchase, but my excitement is waning.
      Last edited by joecool; Sun 25 Nov '01, 5:26am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...