My VB forum is a ghost - Need new license for control - What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misel
    • Feb 2010

My VB forum is a ghost - Need new license for control - What do I do?

Hello VB

I bought an established VB forum from another guy.

The problem is that his license has expired and he doesn't have his VB license information and login anymore. I can log in to the admin of the site, but that is also it.

Can I just buy a new license and use it with this forum?

Thanks
    Misel
  • hornstar6969
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Short answer: yes

However it sounds like he never had a license anyway, but if he did, there are ways for him to retrieve his login information by contacting VB or using the lost password link etc.

But since you say you bought it off him, then I am assuming you now have full control over everything....hosting and admincp? Does he still have control over any of that stuff?

Anyway if you have control of the hosting, once you buy a new license you will be able to upload the files over the old ones and your pretty much good to go. (I think)
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

• misel
      • Feb 2010

Hi Hornstar

Thanks for your reply.

Well he said he had a license, once.
      And yes, that's correct I have control over cpadmin, hosting and domain. He don't have control over anything more.

Okay, I will order a new license and probably order the installment help too, as I am not much of a technical guy.

Thanks a lot.
      Misel

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...