vBulletin total integration as social platform for browser game?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arven
    • Oct 2006

vBulletin total integration as social platform for browser game?

Hi!

I am already using vBulletin 3 as a stand-alone forum and am very satisfied with it.

Now we are developing a LAMPP based tactical browser game and I have tagged vBulletin for use as its forum, plus a few other things.

What I have in mind is this:

1. Users use only one login for the game and the forum
    2. Certain actions within the game assign the user to a certain group, which in turn gives access to certain sub-forums within the forum, allowing the users to coordinate within their group.
    3. User ranks in the game are mirrored as user ranks in the forum
    4. The new CMS component will be used in the game as an internal news platform. Some of the news would be automatically generated by the game (e.g. when a player/user performs a spectacular success that is shared with the community).
    5. This news platform also holds content reserved for specific user groups (i.e. group B might get a different article as mentioned in 4. as group B).

Is all this possible with vBulletin 4?

Where do I best start looking for somebody who can achieve this kind of integration with our core game?

Thank you for your help!
  • Arven
    • Oct 2006

err, is anybody able to answer this question?

Comment

• Delita
      • Aug 2009

This game already do it:

Clans, Ranks and other things that players accomplish or do in the game servers it has a integration with the forum. If I enter in a clan, the clan tag, appears in the forum on my name for example.

Comment

• Arven
        • Oct 2006

Ok, so let's say it is possible.

Anybody here who can theoretically do it?

Comment

• Mike Anime
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Arven
          Ok, so let's say it is possible.

Anybody here who can theoretically do it?

yes www.vbulletin.org tell them you plan on upgrading from 3.x.x to 4 as a licenced customer here you can ask over there for help. i would suggest posting in the PAID sections as no one will do this for free also have a budget in mind and check the sticky threads aswell before making your post.

Comment

• Arven
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mike Anime
            yes www.vbulletin.org tell them you plan on upgrading from 3.x.x to 4 as a licenced customer here you can ask over there for help. i would suggest posting in the PAID sections as no one will do this for free also have a budget in mind and check the sticky threads aswell before making your post.
            Thanks! Yes, that seems to be the better place to ask for someone who can do this.

Comment