Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urban75
    • Nov 2001

Handling busy boards...

I've been running the Ulitmate Bulletin Board on my site and although it's handled the considerable trafffic reasonably well (over a million page impressions on the board per month), it creates an horrendous strain on my host's CGI bin resulting in searches no longer working and the occasional weird glitch showing up.

Seeing as the traffic rate seems to be continuing a sharp upward trend, would vBulletin offer a more stable and workable solution?

It's hosted on the 'webpack4success' deal by www.oneandone.co.uk - are there any issues with running it on this host?

And as the site is non profit without a banner ad - how about a sponsorship deal?

You can see the current boards here: http://www.urban75.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

(Edited to add: can vBulletin import data from the UBB?)
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

Yes, vB should be able to provide you with a more stable/reliable forum assuming your host has MySQL set up properly.

From what I can see, that host will be fine as your particular package comes with PHP and MySQL support.

Sponsorship - you need to email [email protected]

Yes we can import from UBB 5.x and 6.0.x, so it looks like importing your 6.02 would be fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...