X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlg
    • Oct 2002

Upgrade questions

hello everybody,

I've a few questions regarding the new vBulletin version before I proceed to make an upgrade. Hopefully I could get some advice from here.

1st of all, I know the new version has a lot of new things and improvements and eventually it will be much better than previous versions. Currently I'm using 3.8.4 on my website and I'm using and integration Facebook connect and OpenID to give my users a chance to log into my forums using their social networks details.

About the hacks (just a few, not many) I know must of them will become unavailable but how about the bb code I created for a few functions (flash files, videos, etc.)

Does the new Vbulletin version has those options (Facebook connect, OpenID, etc)?

What could be a mayor improvement on this new version?

Is there something I need to evaluate before a migration taht you recommend me to look at?

I'm using also vbSeo and I understand that it works nicely with the new vBulletin, so that should not be a problem.

Now.... about the license, I'm still elegible to get my upgrade to the new version, how will the license will work as usually I renew my license yearly so, I'll like to know if the price will remain the same for old licenses like mine for renewals. (I understand that new version will have other pricing structure, am I correct?)

A lot of questions, I know , but I need to ask as this its a mayor improvement. Thanks in advance for your help,

Jesus
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...