This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOPEnSPIRIT
    • Dec 2009

No need to ask for anything. Fast releases are warranted by IB's shareholders (looks like). Which is a good thing unlike how it was under old Jelsoft.
    I was nice to inform us of the take over, and don't disrespect Jelsoft at least when they released stuff it worked.

I don't know whats happening with vBulletin now it was the best forum software ever, now with new management a little organisation and let the customer know what going on goes a long way.

Comment

• Super Cat
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.X

It will not be released today. it isn't two to three weeks since last release.
      Originally posted by ndL
      can someone provide official answer if there will be an update today?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Super Cat
        They can't win if they announce a set date. If they release it late you will complain about it being late. When they released 4.0.1 they said 2 to 3 weeks. Be satisfied that they are giving you something.
        There are thousands of bugs in VB4 and many many people are having problems. While that wont be solved anytime soon, they should haveregularly scheduled maintenance releases with as many fixes included as possible.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• choitz
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
          There are thousands of bugs in VB4 and many many people are having problems. While that wont be solved anytime soon, they should haveregularly scheduled maintenance releases with as many fixes included as possible.
          In fairness, all I've posted on here is moans and groans - but surely by releasing 4.0.2 2 weeks after 4.0.1 they are fulfilling this. However, it really is much more like a testing phase rather than Gold release. The only gold it'd get near is at the special CMS Olympics and frankly I'm disappointed given that I waited for the Gold release, thus paying full whack, to avoid such "teething problems". I appreciate that these days everything gets launched in BETA phase almost infinitely, but vbulletin is supposed to be the finished article. Yes, having tight deadlines is tough and sometimes you have to run with it and try to manage your clients/customers expectations... but you do not do this by realeasing GOLD versions and tweaking it every couple of weeks whilst charging new customers to join the fun. So many well trusted brands accross all industries have tried doing this kind of thing in the past and many have decimated their established and often loyal customer bases... PLEASE, PLEASE SORT IT OUT.

Manage people's expectations. The whole point of having an anouncement section is to announce things. If 4.0.2 is being launched today as originally stated, then you should be apologising or making a statement at least. I appreciate that simply rolling out 4.0.2 today, if only for the sake of it before having to roll out 4.0.3 a couple of weeks later to actually fix things does make sense, but you've already got the ball rolling by releasing 4.0 in the state it was in. It's a commercial product for Christ's sake.
          See post #49 by IJeffers
          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...11#post1927011
          Sums it up!

Comment

• bbnova
            • Nov 2009

mmm yeah alot of bugs are starting to get annoyed but i knew what i was getting into cant wait for the next update

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ndL
              can someone provide official answer if there will be an update today?
              They already have. The announcement on 12th Jan stated that 4.0.2 would be released "in two to three weeks time".
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• soundpunk
                • Dec 2009
                • 3.8.x

was going to go live with 4.0.1 , but still didnt seem up to scratch for me , so im hanging out with 4.0.2

Comment

• Cort
                  • Dec 2008

4.0.1 really screwed up my forums. New post button doesn't show unless you're logged out or when members use it it logs THEM out. Text is squished in posts - a real letdown. Going back to 4.0

Comment

• Mike Anime
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Cort
                    4.0.1 really screwed up my forums. New post button doesn't show unless you're logged out or when members use it it logs THEM out. Text is squished in posts - a real letdown. Going back to 4.0

i am glad i decided not to upgrade past 4.0.0 yet seeing i have fewer bugs than people with 4.0.1

Comment

• FaSho
                      • Feb 2007

I for one realize there is bugs occurring so far with this new release, but I for one try to forget about them for now. In my opinion, vB 4.0 is more professional looking and has a lot of potential.

Comment

• iMatt
                        • Feb 2009

I agree with you on vB4 having more potential, but the default style is ugly and really doesn't showcase vB4 very well. For example I think the default Navbar looks ridiculous, they could have cleaned it up a bit, I mean what is that little overhang thing on the selected tab? It just looks silly. It was the first thing I cleaned up on my site.
                        sigpic
                        - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Comment

• ChopSuey
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Merjawy
                          There won't be 4.0.2

They going to 4.0.4 due to global warming. me thinks
                          Going to be an epic release! vBulletin version 4.0.4 NOT FOUND.

Comment

• gnatster
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 3.8.x

From reading Bob Brioco's Blog it seems as they are playing leapfrog. Release version A with two teams working on version B and C concurrently. Team B fixes a few things and releases version A then moves to working on version D, a few weeks later Team C releases their version that fix more stuff but breaks some other things in fixed in B. They move on to working on release E. The teams keep leapfroging each other fix some stuff but breaking some stuff too.

Odd way to develop.
                            Director of Support - Drive Thru Online

sigpic

Comment

• Bounce
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by gnatster
                              From reading Bob Brioco's Blog it seems as they are playing leapfrog. Release version A with two teams working on version B and C concurrently. Team B fixes a few things and releases version A then moves to working on version D, a few weeks later Team C releases their version that fix more stuff but breaks some other things in fixed in B. They move on to working on release E. The teams keep leapfroging each other fix some stuff but breaking some stuff too.

Odd way to develop.
                              Sounds about right.

Comment

• testii
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 3.8.x

when will this version be released?...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...