• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Super Cat
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.X

Are we there yet
    Originally posted by Zachery
    4.0.2 will be released as soon as its ready.

Comment

• rickrichars82
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

how could you possibly think that this is an acceptable answer? from a customer support point of view it would be better to say nothing at all then to say something rude.

Comment

• HondaATC
        • Mar 2004
        • 4.1.x

I might be the only person on the entire forum to say this, but WOW!

I'm glad you guys are back to taking the approach of actually fixing stuff and not just arbitrarily releasing it to meet deadlines or expectations when its not ready. THAT is the vBulletin I've come to know and rely on for years.
        Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

• YZFRydn
          • Jun 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rickrichars82
          how could you possibly think that this is an acceptable answer? from a customer support point of view it would be better to say nothing at all then to say something rude.
          Because it is the best answer to give. I'd rather they say when it is ready rather than give a date and everyone gets all butt hurt when the date isn't met. Let things get fixed before they release a new package. Nothing like being a dick, them rushing it, and it sucking even more.

Comment

• Mike Anime
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by rickrichars82

um that was NOT rude

Comment

• PharaohsVizier
              • Nov 2009

It's better than nothing really, but honestly that answer was so vague it was pointless to even post it. We know that it won't be released until it is ready, it's like saying it won't be released until it is released. I don't think it's wrong to expect a date/time frame, but at the very least, could you be a little specific like what's holding things up, or perhaps what exactly you are trying to achieve before releasing it?

Comment

• Geni
                • Oct 2008
                • 3.8.x

The only acceptable answer in my opinion. Finally there is a chance that we could get a finished product. Fortunately, I have not upgraded my main forum from 3.8 but copied my database and installed 4.0.0 and later 4.0.1 in /testvb so that I could test it out and adapt some of my styles to it. Each time I gave up after almost finishing the templates. So many stylevars missing and so many changes to the stylevar system between versions that I am stopping the work until its finalized. I simply do not have the time to redo so much stuff after every version.

The bugs inherited from previous versions and introduced in 4.0.1 are something that I am not prepared to deal with as my members will certainly be all over me if I were to go live with it.

I have given up on any deadlines and am waiting for a finished product that I can, after thoroughly testing it, upgrade my stable and bug-free 3.8.4 forum to. When it arrives, whatever version it is, I`m in no hurry... I would actually prefer they take their time on 4.0.2 and finish it.

Comment

• minimock2000
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 3.6.x

I think they have taken soo much grief over what has been released so far, that they are making sure it is a notable improvement, but it is a catch 22. They wait and do it right, people complain, they rush it out the door, half baked, and people complain.

Comment

• Shotglass
                    • Dec 2009

There is no way 4.2 is going to come out as a finished product you are deluding yourself!

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

um here is the info i found and it really was NOT all that hard..

vBulletin 4.0.1 Maintenance Release Now Available!
                      Today we're announcing the availability of vBulletin 4.0.1 Maintenance Release of vBulletin Publishing Suite and vBulletin Forum. If you have an active vBulletin license, you can download your copy of 4.0.1 from the vBulletin Members Area at: http://members.vbulletin.com .

4.0.1 fixes more than 200 bugs since the release of 4.0 Gold.

Highlights of what’s fixed in 4.0.1:
                      • [Tab Ordering] Added Tab Index Ordering
                      • [Search] Added Search Results by Relevancy
                      • [IE6] Fixed: background images disappear in IE6
                      • [IE6] Fixed: Additional IE6 bug fixes.
                      • [IE6] Fixed IE6 issues in CMS home.
                      • [IE6] Post dates missing in IE6
                      • [IE6] Forum leaders page
                      • [IE6] Fixed CP CMS Section edit popup displays under other page elements in IE6.
                      • [IE8] Fixed post reputation in IE8
                      • [StyleVar] Fixed StyleVars
                      • [StyleVar] Added Stylevars for UserCP/Settings
                      • [Video] Fixed IE8 Bugs
                      • [Sidebar Blocks] Fixed Sidebar handling of long title names
                      • [Blogs] Lightbox doesn't work in Blogs including inline images
                      • [CMS] Fixed CMS Static HTML Widget
                      • [CMS] Fixed CMS PHP Direct Widget
                      • [CMS] Fixed CMS Category Bug
                      • [CMS] Widget Manager - When creating a new widget, widget type pull down should display in alphabetical order
                      • [CMS] Section Reset Ordering Bug
                      • [CMS] Please put CMS in /index.php and FORUMS in /forums/index.php
                      • [CMS] CMS Query Bug - Phase 1
                      • [Groups] Removed hardcoded phrases in Groups
                      • [Announcements] Fixed Announcement display problem
                      • [Smilies] Fixed Smilie Path - Forced to use relative path
                      • [CSS] user defined Additional CSS to pages
                      • [CSS] Store CSS as files does not work
                      • [Sitemap] Sitemap not being Recognized by Google (only Forums)
                      • [RTL] Problem in What's New Page when change Language R2L
                      • [RTL] editor icons problem
                      • [RTL] The new forum home sidebar does not move to the left when viewing the site in a RTL language.
                      • [RTL] Groups issues
                      • [RTL] Fixed RTL and IE7
                      • [Style Manager] Unchecking style in Style Manager causes style issues
                      • ...and about 200 more bugs

We are currently working on 4.0.2 and this should be released in 2 to 3 weeks. Here is a list of fixes that have already been completed for 4.0.2:

• [Ads] Quote and Advert in First post content
                      • [Search] "Find All Threads" by person
                      • [IE6] All remaining IE 6 Compatibility issues
                      • [CSS] CSS Caching Bugs
                      • [BB Codes] BB Codes tags should count against minimum text requirement
                      • [Lightbox] Date and name overlap in the Lightbox if the picture is relatively small
                      • [Tags] Edit Tags Degradation -> You cannot add any tags. Please remove some first.
                      • [Fixed Width] Doc Width - bug #35038
                      • [Signatures] <p> cannot be used to enclose signatures
                      • [Languages] Stripped characters - ä,ö,å
                      • [Settings] User link broken in Settings -> New Visitor Messages
                      • [Polls] Fixed issue with poll question too long error
                      • [Groups]: The "View All Groups" page needs significant improvements
                      • [Hook] Hook Member-Action Dropdown items unset problem
                      • [Updated UI] User Settings Pages
                      • [Updated UI] Registration Screens
                      • [Updated UI] Advanced Search Pages
                      • [Updated UI] Moderation Pop-up Menu
                      • [CMS Query Count] Reducing CMS Query Count - Phase 2
                      • [Language Support] Additional Charset Support
                      • [CMS Import] CMS Impex [Beta]
                      • (new) [CMS] Articles can be sorted "Alphabetically", "
                      • (new) [CMS] Added Pagination to Section Pages. Pagination replaces the "View All" link.
                      • And about 100 more bugs.

As always, thanks to everyone who has filed bugs in our bug tracker. Please continue to file new bugs here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

as posted here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Now-Available!

in this section
                      Forum > vBulletin Announcements >vBulletin Announcements

it is a good idea to check this section often.

Comment

• minimock2000
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Feb 3 using the three week time frame Sweet

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 5.7.X

This isn't particularly a 'pre-sale' discussion and given that it's only going over the same ground as every other "when will it be released" discussion, I'm closing this.

As Zachery says, it'll be released when it's ready and an announcement posted.
                          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...