Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoyoteRed
    • Nov 2001

About exploits...

Due to the serious problems EZboard is having with flooders and EZB's apparent lack of concern, I'm looking at a "pay" board on which to run a serious board. This board is targeted towards teens as it will be administered via a HS band booster club. Thereby, by it's very nature it will be subjected to being a target for attack.

I've already done a brief search for exploits on the web and have discovered older exploits.

What I want to know is, or be assured of, is that the folks at vbulletin will notifiy, not deny, all users of vbulletin of known and new exploits of the BBS, notify us of work-arounds unlit a patch is made, and provide patches regardless of when the software was purchased.

Note: this is not asking for an extension of support or anything, but allowing users to ban together against hackers, spammers, flooders, and exploiters.

Thank you for your time.
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

Vbulletin has built in banning facilities to utilise if you wish to utilise them.

Vbulletin also has a resident Security checker or checks all the code for security problems.

If a major security problem is found (only happened once i think) then it is immediately fixed and a new release is made available.

I hope this helps.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

We provide information on all security problems in a timely manner to all licensed users of the software. We have only had one occurance of a major security problem with a stable version (e.g. not beta) of vBulletin and in that case we released a new version to fix it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...