For those who've upgraded/purchased the 4.0 forum software, are you happy with it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deimos
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.8.x

For those who've upgraded/purchased the 4.0 forum software, are you happy with it?

I chose not to upgrade to 4.0 as I'm unhappy with where IB is taking the Jelsoft brand and VB product

But I'm also curious, for those who have upgraded, or purchased 4.0 (The forum), are you happy with the product?
    Yes
    26.32%
    No
    73.68%
  • thincom2000
    • Mar 2007

So far. I just wish they would release the ported Project Tools so I can migrate my other sites.
    - the makers of VaultWiki

Comment

• Shotglass
      • Dec 2009

Not one happy customer on that poll yet?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

There are way too many bugs and issues, I am waiting for 4.0.2 but if the issues persist and new bugs are introduced again, I am going to be asking for some refunds.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• woffie
          • Jan 2009
          • 4.0.x

I love it so far.

Comment

• yamahapaul
            • Jun 2008
            • 4.2.X

I like and appreciate the direction they are trying to take the software, but I just donn't like the overall look so far, if that makes sense?
            Midlands Heritage Forum

Comment

• Ophelia
              • Feb 2006
              • 3.5.x

I love it and I hate it.

I really love what it is suppose to do, but I'm frustrated with how many things are not working correctly or documented. I'm just in the beginning stages of upgrading a test site, and working on the theme and the amount of things that don't work just in the StyleVars is substantial. Looking at all the bugs that I have reported personally (and have been confirmed) only a few have been addressed and fixed, with many more being left open; all things that I think are important enough to be addressed a long time ago. I've worked in the software industry, as a tester, so I know the amount of work that is involved coding and testing; however, when I did this job, this significant amount of testing was done by testers, who were paid instead of having the purchaser test it for them after they release what they call "gold". This software is no where near gold, and really should still be in Beta.

Comment

• Shotglass
                • Dec 2009

The suite is perfect for what i want and i am raring to purchase but until the bugs are better sorted i am not sure what sort of a ride it will give me on shared hosting while i try and build my traffic!

Comment

• s0lidgr0und
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ophelia
                  I love it and I hate it.

Looking at all the bugs that I have reported personally (and have been confirmed) only a few have been addressed and fixed, with many more being left open; all things that I think are important enough to be addressed a long time ago. I've worked in the software industry, as a tester, so I know the amount of work that is involved coding and testing; however, when I did this job, this significant amount of testing was done by testers, who were paid instead of having the purchaser test it for them after they release what they call "gold". This software is no where near gold, and really should still be in Beta.
                  This.
                  s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

• HOPEnSPIRIT
                    • Dec 2009

I had to go back to vBulletin 3 until Project Tools is released, and the amount of bugs and lack of documentation put me off.

Release all the stuff we had with vB3 and solve the CMS bugs and we've got an amazing product.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

i have the Suite and thank goodness i have a small hobby site instead of a buisness site.

after visiting a few bigger boards i see what all the people are upset about.

they are correct this is in no way a GOLD product.

the idea of what they want to do is great i love that

what i do NOT love is installing something then find out it isn't fully finished yet.

i knew the stylevars wouldn't be fixed but oh well. the other bugs riddled in the 4 series will end up shooting vB in the foot some day and soon.

one thing i really hated was having to restructure my whole damned site.

i wanted to leave the image galleries in the root dir

the cms could have been put there as well but i wanted to do blogs.animerealmz.net and forums.animerealmz.net but because of 4.0 i couldnt.

Comment

• Shotglass
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                        There are way too many bugs and issues, I am waiting for 4.0.2 but if the issues persist and new bugs are introduced again, I am going to be asking for some refunds.
                        Which you won't get! In fact software released in this way instead of the conventional method of buying from a retail outlet does pose some questions over consumer rights and whether a product is fit for the purpose it was intended and if not you are entitled to a refund. In this case buyers are aware that what they buy will have bugs and problems before they purchase and that is a murky area considering what is acceptable and what is not. I hate downloads i like to go in and buy something properly packaged although it saves on wastage. I was thinking about all the packaging that goes into food products.

Comment

• vivamexico55
                          • Mar 2005

Not crazy about it, but I'm kind of satisfied. There's a lot of work to be done to it, yet. I'm looking forward to the potential it's hinted at, but right now I'm pretty frustrated with it. Ask me again in 6 months!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...