X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Bennett
    • Dec 2009

Questions: Noob help, 4.0 demo, migrating users from PHPBB, refunds

Hi all,

I run a music forum on PHPBB3 which I'm looking to expand to include a news website. It's desirable to hook the news website and the forum together, so that forum members can submit articles, leave comments under their forum identities, and generally experience the site holistically. This is obviously where having the 4.0 publishing suite would be a strength.

However, this would be a big-ticket purchase (one year's worth of site revenue) and I have some questions first:

1. Can anybody recommend some resources for vBulletin rookie administrators? I'm coming from a PHPBB/Wordpress background and I need to get up to speed, fast. Topics covered would be setup, basic administration, and design, and be up-to-date with version 4.
    2. Is it possible to access a version 4 demo site? The existing demo site is version 3.8.0, which doesn't give me an idea of how the publishing suite works.
    3. Importing the existing board structure through ImpEx looks remarkably well-documented and solid. Is that generally the experience people have had?
    4. If I don't like the software, is there a period during which I can get a refund?

Thanks for your help with these questions. My site is one of the biggest music forums in Australia and I really look forward to the opportunity to grow it further
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...