X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ja5es
    • Nov 2001

New Versions?

Hello,

I was thinking about purchasing a vBulleting and was wondering if I bought one now, would I be able to have access to the latest versions when they come out? I heard something about vBulletin vr. 3 coming out soon?

Thanks
    - James
    http://forums.smaaash.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Purchasing a license allows you to access the Member Area and download new versions for one year. vB 3.0 isn't scheduled to be released until Q1/Q2 2002. However version 2.2.1 will be released very soon so you probably should wait for that before installing it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ja5es
      • Nov 2001

Ok, but if I bought a licence today, would I get access to vb3 when it launches?

Also, I have used numerous other message boards and I always have database problems when I upgrade. So if I bought a lience for vb version whatever, when I go to upgrade it, will my data be lost? I know that it uses mySQL, but that hasn't stopped ikonboard from destroying everything. I don't want another bad board.
      - James
      http://forums.smaaash.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If vB 3 is released with one year of your purchase (which it almost certainly will be) then yes, you'll be able to download it.

I've upgraded my two forums at least 7-8 times each and haven't lost a database yet. However you should always make a backup (or two) of the database prior to upgrading.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...