X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aceofspades
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.6.x

Can a mod close this please?

As much as I want VB to be more compatible with older browsers I cant see this topic doing any good.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I agree. It's another of those threads we used to get in Licensed Customer Feedback, where schwab2clarkson simply insults anyone who disagrees with her skewed and unrealistic perspective.

it only stopped in that forum when she was banned from it.

I therefore concur that this has outlived its usefulness.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
        I agree. It's another of those threads we used to get in Licensed Customer Feedback, where schwab2clarkson simply insults anyone who disagrees with her skewed and unrealistic perspective.

it only stopped in that forum when she was banned from it.

I therefore concur that this has outlived its usefulness.
        there are others that are just as bad as her so why not ban them aswell.

but yea time to close this already

Comment

• the geek
          • Jun 2003
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime
          there are others that are just as bad as her so why not ban them aswell.

but yea time to close this already
          I agree on both counts!

In closing I'll just say that I hope the IE6 issue can be resolved by IB without the need to leave it to a 3rd party skinner.
          On a similar vein, found out today vB wasn't the only browser with rounded corners in FF but not IE: IPB's the same however much less noticeable as the radius is far more subtle.
          My Twitterings

Comment

• ManagerJosh
            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by smooth-c
            Thing is (this has probably already been said) - I understand companies that don't upgrade, I mean - there must be some logical reasons? I don't know. I'm sure someone will be able to/has said why. Individual users.. why? why haven't they upgraded? That's the bit that doesn't make sense for me.
            Read up . Several of us left comments to why corporations and healthcare do not upgrade
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• smooth-c
              • Jan 2008
              • 3.8.x

I said I "understand" not "do not understand", sorry it was the way I wrote it - like there's got to be reasons as to why they do not upgrade, safety etc. with IE6 being soo featureless (I might be wrong but that's what i'm assuming. I just don't get why individuals don't upgrade.

Comment

• Protoss
                • Dec 2004
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                Funny because nearly all windows based pcs have the latest version of everything.
                Get with the times buddy.
                Where is the Microsoft announcement. Support for IE6 lasts until the end of life cycle for Windows XP SP 3. (2014??)
                What about people with PC's that are 3 or4 years old. I have a small system that is 7 years old and is perfect as a means to surf the net. It serves it's purpose.

Comment

• bigwater
                  • Jan 2007

IE6 was very extensible, which is why it was chosen by a lot of corporations as a wrapper around their internal applications. Before IE6 we had to depend on very expensive solutions such as Attachmate EXTRA to connect to corporate networks. This ran the costs of each individual workstation up by hundreds of dollars if you wanted to run the workstation in a windows environment as opposed to just using a green screen terminal straight into the mainframe. Millions of dollars were spent to port applications into the extensible IE6 so that the millions of dollars would be offset by not having to license applications like Attachmate any more. IE7 and IE8 do not have the extensibility to mainframes and minis that IE6 had, so upgrading is simply not a possibility for most corporations without MAJOR rewrites to their software. Mayby IE9 will re-introduce this extensiblility. Who knows. But for now, many corporate networks have no choice but to run IE6.
                  Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Protoss
                    Where is the Microsoft announcement. Support for IE6 lasts until the end of life cycle for Windows XP SP 3. (2014??)
                    What about people with PC's that are 3 or4 years old. I have a small system that is 7 years old and is perfect as a means to surf the net. It serves it's purpose.

i posted the IE6 EOL timetable

Comment

• Protoss
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 3.8.x

That is not an announcement and as I said, support for IE6 lasts at least up until the end of life cycle for Windows XP SP3.

Comment

• Super Jinni
                        • Feb 2008

It really doesn't matter for people who still use IE6 whether Microsoft still supports IE6 or not.
                        They just doesn't care, as if they really care about that, they would change or upgrade their browser.
                        All they need is to surf internet using whichever browser works, and IE still works pretty good in their eyes.
                        If your site looks messy and broken in IE6 they will think it's your site that has a problem, and that (somehow) is true.

Comment

• beishe8
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Super Jinni
                          If your site looks messy and broken in IE6 they will think it's your site that has a problem, and that (somehow) is true.
                          True.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• vivamexico55
                            • Mar 2005

I too believe IE6 is a waste of bits and it should die already, but after upgrading to VB4 I have been surprised with the amount of people that were still using it. And they ask for support, which is... annoying.

And it is true - if they see the site "broken", they'll think it's YOUR problem, not their browser. Besides people who work at banks and the government, or big businesses, for instance, can't upgrade even if they wanted and knew how to.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

even though IE6 is more or less outdated i would still like to see vB fix this issue.

Comment

• aussiefooty
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                                even though IE6 is more or less outdated i would still like to see vB fix this issue.
                                Forget about using IE6 altogether and upgrade.

Oh and to those that haven't upgraded I bet you still use windows 3.11
                                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...