X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert222
    • Dec 2009

vB4 Gold Refund Question!

I purchased vB4 Gold Publishing suite 2 days ago. I payed for professional installation. I'm still waiting for the installation!

I would like to know if it is possible for me to get a full refund?

I am a total newbie to vB and I was unaware of the fact that I was buying software that is still in trial version with loads of bugs. For the price I payed (which may not be alot to some of you out there but is to me) I expected I was buying into a product that was well known, tested with no kinks!

I do not see the point in buying software and having to wait 6 months for the developers to sort the bugs.

So is there a possibility I can cancel my order and receive a full refund?

I am never saying I will not return to vB in the future but at this point in time, I do feel cheated and I cannot afford to spend so much money on a board that does not fully work. I only have to read the forum posts here to realise that.

If anyone thinks I'm being unreasonable I apologise but I don't have money to burn!
  • cloferba
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

i dont think so

before buy something you must:
    1: check at the forum for bugs, progress and users opinions
    2: see if you can install vbulletin yourself, (its extremely easy)
    3: think you are not going to get a refound
    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

They deal with refund requests on a case-by-case basis so send them a ticket.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

Open a support ticket, and if that doesn't work, discuss the issue with your credit card company.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Tigurius
          • May 2005

Before you judge the product. Keep in mind that for every bad comment there are a hundred unspoken good comments. I don't know of many people having problems with their vB and those who are that I've noticed, either don't know the product well, installed something wrong, or don't have the proper requirements... As for "not well known" ... vB is one of the biggest forum developers out there... if you want use vB 3.8 until you feel 4.0 is less "buggy". I don't see any problems with vB4.0 and for "loads of bugs" ... you could say the same about any product. It just depends what you consider to be a priority bug and what's not. My end users don't notice anything. That's the biggest thing.

Comment

• MoMan
            • Oct 2005
            • 3.8.x

I would suggest you just use vB 3.8.4 if you need a forum solution. That one can definitely be 'trusted'
            Adam

Admin of PentaxForums.com, premiere photography forum for Pentax users (Big-Board).

Comment

• marinelife
              • Oct 2008

I have no problems at all with VB 4

Comment

• steven s
                • Jul 2004
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Tigurius
                Before you judge the product. Keep in mind that for every bad comment there are a hundred unspoken good comments. I don't know of many people having problems with their vB and those who are that I've noticed, either don't know the product well, installed something wrong, or don't have the proper requirements... As for "not well known" ... vB is one of the biggest forum developers out there... if you want use vB 3.8 until you feel 4.0 is less "buggy". I don't see any problems with vB4.0 and for "loads of bugs" ... you could say the same about any product. It just depends what you consider to be a priority bug and what's not. My end users don't notice anything. That's the biggest thing.
                No problems? Are you using the suite or just the forum? The CMS is unusable in its present state. Sure you can create articles, but that's about it. The general search widgets don't work, you can't sort articles. The editor is 2nd rate. Make that 3rd rate. Only reason I went with vB was the integration.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing on the product, it just is not ready to be declared Gold.
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Mike Anime
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by marinelife
                  I have no problems at all with VB 4
                  my site is live on 4.0 gold no problems as yet

a majority of installing issues are web host server issues php versions not being at the min. requirements mysql not being configured and the ever present people upgrading modded or hacked vb installs and NOT disabeling or uninstalling those mods or hacks

the major bug being reported is it not being fully compatable with IE 6

EDIT i am useing the SUITE

Comment

• fortify
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 3.6.x

The professional installation is a waste of money though. You can always install these things easily by yourself.

Comment

• steven s
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                      a majority of installing issues are web host server issues php versions not being at the min. requirements mysql not being configured and the ever present people upgrading modded or hacked vb installs and NOT disabeling or uninstalling those mods or hacks
                      I agree. My upgrades have been flawless from the first Beta. I have no issues with the upgrade process.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Dave B
                        • Apr 2001

my site is live on 4.0 gold no problems as yet

the major bug being reported is it not being fully compatable with IE 6

EDIT i am useing the SUITE
                        I see you repeat this in thread after thread, The bottom line is that with the 10 members you have and 12 posts, your site is a horrible site to guage the (lack of)quality of this product. What is your record online about 3? Give me a break

Comment

• Mike Anime
                          • Oct 2004
                          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dave B
                          I see you repeat this in thread after thread, The bottom line is that with the 10 members you have and 12 posts, your site is a horrible site to guage the (lack of)quality of this product. What is your record online about 3? Give me a break

well look at vB itself it is a large forum and runs smooth. even their CMS loads up quick.

33 but i do get your point

some doom sayeRs said ANY sitE would crash with the cms installed no matter how small and i proVEd them wrong sO Far vb haS as well. imHo these people just stir up trouble as HAs been foRever And a day.

Comment

• slinky
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 1.1.x

well look at vB itself it is a large forum and runs smooth. even their CMS loads up quick.

33 but i do get your point

some doom sayeRs said ANY sitE would crash with the cms installed no matter how small and i proVEd them wrong sO Far vb haS as well. imHo these people just stir up trouble as HAs been foRever And a day.
                            Many people have 33 people on their site at the same time. If you've got 33 members my guess is you might have 1 or 2 users, maybe 4 at the same time. With all due respect, there is no way this can be used to gauge what a small but popular forum performance might be.
                            My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• S1OPP
                              • Jul 2005

My own site is live with vB 4 Suite and I have no major problems.

I have one bug, that's an IE compatibility issue, I know it's there, but I don't think any of my users have noticed it.

Before I upgraded, I looked at all of the mods I'd done and other peoples mods that I'd installed, to see how many of them I would have to wait for to be ported before I upgraded.
                              There was only one that my users actually said they wanted.

So my site was upgraded. I dump a load of mods that nobody actually wanted/used, and apart from a little bit of skinning everything was perfect
                              I'm happy and my users are happy.

I'm normally one of those '100s of happy customers' that never post on the negative threads, but as far as I'm concered the vB team have done a fantastic job getting v4 out and I have absolutely no doubts that the money I spent to buy the license was money well spent.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...