Buying an Upgrade for VB3 to VB4 ? thats expensive !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWS
    • Apr 2000
    • 5.2.x

You already know that you'll pay full price again to upgrade to version 5. That was explained to use during all the heated debates about the new prices.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Loco.M
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by FreshFroot_
      nope.. once a year. And it gives you access to the latest IPB software too no matter what.
      I'm pretty sure it's for 6 months, actually I'm positive it's per 6 months
      which still.. 25$
      I'll spend that much on a nice dinner for the misses and I
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Scott
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.7.x

nope.. once a year. And it gives you access to the latest IPB software too no matter what.
        Your incorrect.

It's $25.00 every six months for standard license $50.00 for a business license.

Happy New Year!

Comment

• aussiefooty
          • Nov 2008
          • 6.0.X

Oh boy not another thread like this.

Why stress over this? What's the problem?
          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
          Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• FreshFroot_
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
            Oh boy not another thread like this.

Why stress over this? What's the problem?
            because customer, who just found out about what went on are not happy about it?

Is it wrong for them to post their opinion? I don't see how that's wrong.

Comment

• cdaniel
              • Jun 2001
              • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

I know this is a very old thread, but I have a question. I was paying $35 a year for my license. I only need the Forum itself. Now I have to pay $175 to upgrade?

I paid every year, but did not update my software all the time because I have a highly customized look and it takes me about a week to recreate it and mostly I can't find a whole week to do that. Now I'm thinking of upgrading without doing customizing because it is such a hassle. I also have to pay someone to do the installs.

So, I have to pay $175 how often?

Comment

• Riasat
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by cdaniel
                I know this is a very old thread, but I have a question. I was paying $35 a year for my license. I only need the Forum itself. Now I have to pay $175 to upgrade?

I paid every year, but did not update my software all the time because I have a highly customized look and it takes me about a week to recreate it and mostly I can't find a whole week to do that. Now I'm thinking of upgrading without doing customizing because it is such a hassle. I also have to pay someone to do the installs.

So, I have to pay $175 how often?
                Only once. There is no yearly renewal fees

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Just to be clear, the $175 is one time for the life of vBulletin 4.x. If/when you want to upgrade to VB 5.x (not out yet) you will likely have to pay again.

Comment

• cdaniel
                    • Jun 2001
                    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
                    Just to be clear, the $175 is one time for the life of vBulletin 4.x. If/when you want to upgrade to VB 5.x (not out yet) you will likely have to pay again.
                    So they are working on v5? Any projections when it will be out? I'd hate to pay $175 and then have to pay again in short order. What is the usual life of a version based on the past?

Also, when I go to my customer area, I see it is not offering me $175, just $195.

In my current Forum, I have several ads in my customized version - are ads easier to install in v4?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

vBulletin 5 is being worked on but there has been no official announcement of a release date. A press release during "Forumcon" last month said it was expected to be released sometime "this year." Important to note- software often misses announce "release dates" that's why vBulletin never really sets a date because inevitably something will delay it.

We do know is that there is still a major release of vBulletin 4.x to come (4.3) and that 4.x will likely be supported for quite a while. I can't give any concrete information because nothing has been released yet on the details of VB5 pricing or dates.

Comment

• I, Brian
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by x626xblack
                        I suppose the next time the maker of your car comes out with a new model you want 50% off of it?
                        Are you by any chance planning to camp outside the VB offices when vb5 is released, so you can buy an entirely new version of the software you already paid for?

Comment

• Loco.M
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.5.x

because customer, who just found out about what went on are not happy about it?

Is it wrong for them to post their opinion? I don't see how that's wrong.
                          To be fair, those same customers have had numerous emails since 2009 when vbulletin 4 came out..

The best bet for those customers now is waiting until vbulletin 5 is out if money is an issue.
                          -- Web Developer for hire
                          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...