X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NyCwill
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.5.x

Vbulletin 3 owned license owner.

I have a question, my current version is 3.8.0 and don't have access to download 3.8.4 because my member access is expired.

If I want to stay with 3.8 but want to have the latest patch for it which 3.8.4 PL right now, i would need to pay $175 for the upgrade in order for me to get that patch?
  • Sir Nick
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by NyCwill
    I have a question, my current version is 3.8.0 and don't have access to download 3.8.4 because my member access is expired.

If I want to stay with 3.8 but want to have the latest patch for it which 3.8.4 PL right now, i would need to pay $175 for the upgrade in order for me to get that patch?
    sadly i hate to say it yes you would

edit - so i think.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

You will need to purchase the license for vB4 to upgrade to any newer version of the software.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• NyCwill
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.5.x

That sucks! Is there any major issue with 3.8.0.. if not i guess ill just stick with it.

Comment

• sportsfi
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.8.x

no major issues known but feel free to check project tools for 3.8

Comment

• EhsanAhmad
            • May 2008
            • 3.7.x

i am thinking the same thing i have got 3 Owned VB Licenses most of them have support expired at 3.8.2 and i was thinking to upgrade and whoa when i check i need to pay about $500 or more to renew all these 3 Licenses ? wth ? not even discounts for old owners who have owned licenses and who have more than one ?

Comment

• NyCwill
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.5.x

After weeks of comparing products and cost and reading up on different product, I've decided to switch to a different forum software.

Comment

• EhsanAhmad
                • May 2008
                • 3.7.x

nycwill that's right vb isn't the vb it used to be seems like they are trying to rack in big money this Christmas ! i the cost of running one or two vb forums has gone too far if u look at it even if u want to stay at 3.8.4 they still want the same price as the vb4 upgrade ! and this one guy is teaching me how its my responsibility to renew my support even though i dont need it ? is it a cult company or a rip off ?

Comment

• icarusforde
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 3.8.x

It's neither... Cult company? Where did that one come from?

Comment

• cbiweb
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.1.x

This may have been addressed somewhere at some point, and it has no effect on me, but I'm curious. Why would a 3.x license holder need to pay for 4.0 if they want to upgrade within the 3.x series? I can understand if they want to upgrade from 3.x to 4, but from 3.8.0 to 3.8.4PL1? That doesn't sound reasonable.

Not trying to start anything here, just not understanding the logic.
                    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• NyCwill
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 3.5.x

I guess they really want to push everyone to used 4.0 instead.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by NyCwill
                        I guess they really want to push everyone to used 4.0 instead.
                        Dropped you a PM last night...
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• DanaSoft
                          • Oct 2003

Like others, I'd like to stick with 3.8 and not purchase the vB4 release; however, now I am told that there is a "security fix" for the 3.8 version but in order to get that I have to pay $175 for the vB4 release in order to get a security fix for 3.8.

How about a membership renewal option for those planning on staying with 3.8 but not wanting to pay the vB4 update price?

Comment

• cbiweb
                            • Apr 2004
                            • 4.1.x

How is it that I was able to download 3.8.4PL2 for a client's site, and I know for a fact she hasn't purchased 4.0?
                            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• DanaSoft
                              • Oct 2003

She probably has a current license; the $40 renewal option (I guess that was it) is no longer available. What would be nice would be a renewal option for those who do not want to pay for an upgrade but rather just want to keep their software free from known security issues during the lifespan of the version.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...