Do you think vB is ready for the Gold release?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kyrgyz
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Darkimmortal
    Your vB4 skin is very nice.

Originally posted by fortify
    Something like IP Converge is one of the most needed addons for vbulletin
    I would name it vBConnect or vBLinkUp.

Comment

• bosss
      • Jan 2008

No, they are not ready because they become greedy!
      Welcome to Libar

Comment

• kyrgyz
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by dgbaker
        True depending on what your needs are. I can though see that changing quite fast over the next few months especially if things keep going the way they are. Although I have not got into the guts of VB4, I have been hearing that it is also a developers nightmare in some areas. Let's hope this is wrong and IB sees some light.
        Not gonna happen.

Check vB4 mods submitted on vb.org in a few months (2?): http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=244

Compare to IP.Board 3 mods on invisionpower.com submitted since December 2008: http://community.invisionpower.com/f...2-ipboard-30x/

See the difference?

Comment

• Shamil.
          • Feb 2008
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
          I'm just going off what Ray said, which was that they expected to be "knocking on the door of vb5" 12 to 18 months after vB4 Gold.

Of course, Ray's left now, but I doubt this means the wholesale change of the business model.
          Correction:

He said now, a few months ago, not gold.
          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
          vBulletin Hosting and Services
          Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Al Zander
            • Aug 2001

There seems to be so much lacking in the new vbulletin 4.0 Gold, that near all mods on vbulletin.org are getting 5 stars, even the simplest. The vbulletin.org community is vbulletin's saving grace in immeasurable ways.

Comment

• maidos
              • Jul 2006

good riddance that ray left. i just hope the management change for the better good

never liked his buisness model and especially that presale offers that came with no demo of the beta at first...

Comment

• dutchbb
                • Nov 2003
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by maidos
                good riddance that ray left. i just hope the management change for the better good

never liked his buisness model and especially that presale offers that came with no demo of the beta at first...
                Did he choose to leave or was he fired? Is there an official announcement somewhere about this?

Comment

• RadioErewan
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 3.8.x

Was he just a puppet in hands of mighty master?

Comment

• mlb
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 4.1.x

I'm really grateful for this thread, plus all the others describing the myriad of problems with the vB 4.0 release. I would much rather stick with the stable 3.8.4 for the next six months until a lot more issues have been ironed out with 4.0 before I upgrade.

In my opinion, IB should consider offering a low-cost maintenance price to those of us who plan to temporarily stick with vB 3.8.4 - so we can at least remain current with the PLs/security fixes, and remain happy customers. The current pricing policy seems to be annoying or alienating a lot of people (including me).

Ultimately people vote with their wallets ... and right now, I'm not voting for the $175 upgrade. But if I was offered a $40 annual maintenance for 3.8.4, then I'd go for that today.

Comment

• bosss
                      • Jan 2008

Point is that we users or customers can not get chance to renew vb3 licenses, for some another prices! But inestead we are pressed to purchase new products if we want that our products still works, and that is robbery and against law.

If i want go to store and buy windows xp - nobody can press me that i must buy windows 7 or windows vista or that i must buy throught license agreement from different product! And i do not care who is owner of store, or say to me that my windows xp will not work if i do not buy windows 7!

That is shame for vbulletin and against all customer rights!

Do not buy this throught this robbery policy!

bosss
                      Welcome to Libar

Comment

• S1OPP
                        • Jul 2005

Bosss, your rants are very naive.

I buy several hundred PCs per month (my job), I can no longer 'buy' a PC with XP. I have to buy Vista/Windows 7, Microsoft 'allow' me to run XP with this license.
                        Also Microsoft are constantly informing me that very soon XP will no longer 'work' on newer hardware.

I would also like to point out that if you continue to 'accuse' vBulletin/IB of 'robbery' you stand a good chance of facing a libel charge. As your defamation is actually a crime.

Comment

• ridemonkey
                          • Jun 2001

Originally posted by S1OPP
                          Bosss, your rants are very naive.

I buy several hundred PCs per month (my job), I can no longer 'buy' a PC with XP. I have to buy Vista/Windows 7, Microsoft 'allow' me to run XP with this license.
                          Also Microsoft are constantly informing me that very soon XP will no longer 'work' on newer hardware.

I would also like to point out that if you continue to 'accuse' vBulletin/IB of 'robbery' you stand a good chance of facing a libel charge. As your defamation is actually a crime.
                          This is really spiraling into complete idiocy now

Comment

• minimock2000
                            • Nov 2006
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by S1OPP
                            Amen... I dont know why I keep comming back to this thread, its like a car wreck in slow motion. Maybe VB needs to serve cheese with all this whining.

I have done 6 upgrades now for large and small boards, with a bunch to go. I have had little to no problems at all.

Can we embed a box of tissues please LOL

Comment

• deityx
                              • Nov 2009

Had no problems with 4.0 Gold at all. I still am convinced that even the CMS will become one of the greatest with time. Good job developers and people at vb.org!
                              // CRUNATUS.net

Comment

• glorify
                                • Jul 2004
                                • 3.8.x

Nope.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...