Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TopDawg
    • Nov 2001

Question on Linux

Ok now you've done it. vB looks so good that we are ditching our 5 year relationship with a web host for a new one that can offer mySQL Ah, his time had come anyway.

My questions are...

1. Do you have any recomendations for/against a host provider that uses Linux instead of Unix? (This assumes that the requirements of mySQL and php are met.)

2. While talking to one of your existing users, he suggested getting a service that gives us root access. Is that beneficial to the operation of vB in your opinion? This is going to be used on a commercial site and we currently have no other application that would benefit from root access.

Thanks for the help.
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

Re: Question on Linux

Originally posted by TopDawg
    Ok now you've done it. vB looks so good that we are ditching our 5 year relationship with a web host for a new one that can offer mySQL Ah, his time had come anyway.

My questions are...

1. Do you have any recomendations for/against a host provider that uses Linux instead of Unix? (This assumes that the requirements of mySQL and php are met.)

2. While talking to one of your existing users, he suggested getting a service that gives us root access. Is that beneficial to the operation of vB in your opinion? This is going to be used on a commercial site and we currently have no other application that would benefit from root access.

Thanks for the help.
    1) Choose a provider that can give you what you need in relation to bandwidth etc. As along as the requirements are met vb will work. I don't think the OS really does much to it.

2) A good host should set up your telnet/ssh with all the things you need without you needing root. (You only get root on dedicated machines).
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• TopDawg
      • Nov 2001

Great.. thanks for the quick response Kaizen

Nt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...