Yet another license transfer question, sorry :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madpoodle
    • Nov 2007

Yet another license transfer question, sorry :)

If a forum is sold to a new owner, but the original owner wants to maintain her V-bulletin license to use for a new forum, what would the procedure be for the new owner? Would it be simpler to buy her a new, "clean" license and just transfer the old one over to the buyer?

TIA
  • Madpoodle
    • Nov 2007

LOL, by the lack of response, I assume there is a FAQ I missed with the answers.. Link??

Comment

• Mr_Bob
      • Sep 2004

Regardless of bought, sold, whatever you are only allowed to run one vBulletin forum per license. If the forum owner in question sold their forum and then installed VB somewhere else without a proper license (and their old forum is still running VB), that would be against the license agreement.

Comment

• Madpoodle
        • Nov 2007

OK, so then I should just buy my own license and transfer her forum to my license..?? I am assuming the entire forum, server and all. I am just not sure how difficult it is to assign my new license number to an existing installation, hence my wondering if I should just register a new license in her name so her new forum is legal..

Damn, now I'm confused to

Comment

• smooth-c
          • Jan 2008
          • 3.8.x

Just tell her to buy a new license.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The simplest would just be purchase a license for yourself and assign it to the URL of the website that you bought. Then she can use her existing license for whatever.

Then you don't even need to worry about a transfer.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Madpoodle
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              The simplest would just be purchase a license for yourself and assign it to the URL of the website that you bought. Then she can use her existing license for whatever.

Then you don't even need to worry about a transfer.
              Perfect, thanks for the answer sir!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...