X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • designbuyers
    • Nov 2009

vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite Questions

When this software will be released ?

If i buy license today is it lifetime license for software ?

How much time i am able to get updates for the software ?

Do i have to keep " Powered by vBulletin™ " In the footer After buying and installing ?
  • Scream And Fly
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by designbuyers
    When this software will be released ?
    I would say nobody knows.

If i buy license today is it lifetime license for software ?
    If you buy the owned license, you own the software for a lifetime, but your get support and updates for a year, then you can renew for a much lower price to continue to get updates and download newer versions.

How much time i am able to get updates for the software ?
    1 year.

Do i have to keep " Powered by vBulletin™ " In the footer After buying and installing ?
    Yes, unless you purchase the branding-free option, which I think is $170.

Comment

• mccollin
      • Jul 2003
      • 3.6.x

I believe you are incorrect on points 2 and 3. My understanding is that you will get updates until Version 5 comes out.... most likely more than a year. What you are describing is the old licensing model where you had to renew every year. There is no longer a renewal.
      Mikey
      PDAPhoneHome ... Get Converged! / NortheastFoto ... Get Imaged!

Comment

• sportsfi
        • Oct 2008
        • 3.8.x

I was under the same opinion mccollin

Comment

• Alteran Ancient
          • May 2005
          • 3.8.x

Mccollin is indeed correct. Th old vBulletin 3 terms stated that an "Owned License" is yours to keep, with updates and support for a year. This is no longer true.

Now, purchasing vBulletin 4 is a one-time-only thing; you receive updates for the lifetime of the vBulletin 4 Series, until vBulletin 5 takes its place. At that point will you have to pay to receive further updates. This replaces the need to renew the license every 365 days.

You can see more about the new licensing terms here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...icense-Changes
          -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
          This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...