Multiple Sites on one Vbulletin Publishing Suite

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pimpboard
    • Feb 2004

I believe you can accomplish this with template conditionals, by checking the referring URL / Domain, then forwarding them to the appropriate category. You can hide / unhide various sections of the layout with conditionals also. The only big issue with this is the actual URL that they are on. However, you may be able to call it inside an iframe from the other site, and use the conditionals mentioned above.

Just an idea.

Comment

• FreshFroot_
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wsh
      Not sure why people find this surprising If you've ever owned a legitimate copy of the Adobe Suite or even Autodesk Suite you'd know that every year a new version with new features comes out, and just like vB you're not 'forced' to use the latest version but it does help.

It's called a business, not a buffet line.
      Yes, but they give you good incentives.

Students get at least 50% discounts. Current users get discounts too. I would assume a college or uni, who bought 100+ licenses would get a huge discount as well.

I'm a multiple license holder.. where is my discount? Without license holders like me, who bought a bunch of licenses. vB would be dead right now.

Comment

• Malfurion
        • Oct 2005

Bump, can I please receive an official answer to my last question?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Malfurion
          Okay, what if you only want to use one forum area for multiple websites that are powered by the publishing suite, how do you do that?
          That would require multiple multiple licenses and modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...