Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindflare
    • Nov 2001

Reporting stolen vBulletins?

I'm a proud license holder of a vBulletin and enjoy the software emmensely, yet it troubles me to see some of these "kiddie" sites run copies of the vBulletin software they didn't pay for. Likewise, many of these sites tend to use their vBulletin to cause trouble among other communities, such as organizing spam crowds to promote disruptive behavior, on forums which are using a licensed version.

Is there a way I can report these sites and their activities and get a quick response and action taken against them? This is becoming a serious problem among many communities who dished out their hard-earned cash for a vBulletin. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Mindflare; Mon 5 Nov '01, 12:45pm.
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

well you should be able to report pirated boards to [email protected]

also don't take this the wrong way but could you please enter your username on the form on this page http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php - to do so you need your customer license info to access the form

this will show us mods that you're a licensed user and ensure priority support for you on this forum
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Kaizen
      • Aug 2001

Originally posted by eva2000
      well you should be able to report pirated boards to [email][email protected]
      You won't get a reply, however. It is only a submitting address.
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

• JTMON
        • Oct 2001

Yes but how can one tell if the board is legit or not just by looking at it? I have seen many boards but don't know what I should look for.
        JTMON

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

Originally posted by JTMON
          [B]Yes but how can one tell if the board is legit or not just by looking at it?
          You can't.

Comment

• Kaizen
            • Aug 2001

Originally posted by tubedogg
            You can't.
            look out of the copyright information being missing or them changing the copyright name.

That is against the licence so report that. However, as tubedogg said, unless they say its illegal you're not really going to be able to tell

tubedogg: nice avatar!
            Email: [email protected]
            Site: Under Construction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...