Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msjulian
    • Nov 2001

Bandwidth Transfer Question

I am using the UBB message board on my site now. The board is very active. The bandwidth transfer is outrageous. I have the board cut way back to try to keep this down. The question I have is this. Does this board do a better job of keeping file sizes down? What do most see in the way of transfer numbers with this board?
  • Kaizen
    • Aug 2001

I run a board where i get 20,000 page views a month and it doesn't even reach 1 gb
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Comment

• cyo
      • Jul 2000

if you turn on gzip it will decreass your bandwith alot.

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Re: Bandwidth Transfer Question

Originally posted by msjulian
        I am using the UBB message board on my site now. The board is very active. The bandwidth transfer is outrageous. I have the board cut way back to try to keep this down. The question I have is this. Does this board do a better job of keeping file sizes down? What do most see in the way of transfer numbers with this board?
        yes vB would reduce your bandwidth but it's dependent on

1. whether your vB will be graphic intensive - since gzip compresses mainly text
        2. size of attachments you allowed to be viewed and downloaded in vB and any other downloads from your site
        3. whether PHP 4.x is compiled with zlib support which is need for vB's inbuilt gzip compression to work
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...