X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimday
    • Mar 2006

Who really going to pay that much?

It's a recession and now we have to pay 195 or more to renew after our vbull 3 lisces expire? I guess I will be going to IPB software. That is just RIDICULOUS! I've been with Vbullein since 2006 and now this? I have bills,daycare and all that ADULT stuff going on. lol It was fun Vbulletin cause come MARCH...I refuse to upgrade toVbull4. Just my 2 cent and nobody can't come in comparing whats good about it etc etc etc. I did my research. Thanks for letting me vent. And all long term holders should not even be paying over 80 bucks for this software.
  • Nikkster
    • Apr 2009

He actually does make a good point... It's kinda expensive though..

Comment

• Grimday
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nikkster
      He actually does make a good point... It's kinda expensive though..
      and i see its on sale before NOV 16th for me for 160...now thats not to bad cause i got vbull3 for that price 3 years ago. But what about kids that run sites? Parents gonna go broke trying to help them? I mean maybe i'm just being cheap? YOU RIGHT!!! I got bills and i know plenty of you do also. But i think this price is just to much! I just asked my forum to help donate so we can get it tho! So i'm sure they can come up with half and I can get the other half.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

You're all in the wrong mindset and this is a very important failing a lot of people have when dealing with companies.

Corporate companies do not set prices based on "what is the right thing to do" or "whether it's fair to customers in a recession" or "whether you have bills,daycare and all that ADULT stuff going on".

It is all based on what thing - what do they think is a price that enough people will pay to make them a profit? And the higher the figure, the better it is for that company.

Whether "kids can afford it" doesn't come into their thinking.

Until you learn to approac all business transactions with this mindset, you're going to get disappointed an awful lot.

This isn't a criticism of vBulletin, it's a harsh fact of business life. If someone is a kid with limited resources who can only afford the product if it's really cheap, that someone is probably NOT the type of customer the business wants.

Harsh? Yes. Realistic? Definitely.
        Last edited by Mark.B; Sun 15 Nov '09, 6:49am.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ZippySLC
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.8.x

vBulletin should charge less because you "have bills,daycare and all that ADULT stuff going on?"

Really?

Comment

• snerd
            • Apr 2006
            • 3.8.x

Yeah, this gimmee gimmee generation hasn't a clue. Shut yer pie holes and buy it or don't. A product is only worth what someone will pay for it. Econ 101.
            snerd

Comment

• HMBeaty
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Grimday
              It's a recession and now we have to pay 195 or more to renew after our vbull 3 lisces expire?
              Sorry, but did I miss the part where you actually HAVE TO buy it?
              "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
              "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
              "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• Grimday
                • Mar 2006

lol@the uproar mission complete. Thanks for the responses. LEARN TO AGREE TO DISAGREE. it's not that serious.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...