X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizventure
    • Nov 2009

Convert an SMF 1.1.3 to the latest version of VBulletin

Hi,

I would like to get the latest version of Vbulletin for my site.. I currenty have the SMF 1.1.3 and I would like to convert it to your latest version. However, before doing so, I would like to clarify some things.

My site has around 6000 members and 30 000 posts. Is it possible to do so without losing my URLs? I need to know this since 90% of my traffic comes from Google and I certainly cannot lose this.

I need your help on this.

Looking forward to some insights.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No, you cannot import and retain your SMF URLs. Sorry.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• NolFito
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

I think when you Impex a site, there was a tool to produce proper 301 redirects using the importid the process generates and from what I understand no traffic is lost and google should quickly get the new urls.
      "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
      "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

• bizventure
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by NolFito
        I think when you Impex a site, there was a tool to produce proper 301 redirects using the importid the process generates and from what I understand no traffic is lost and google should quickly get the new urls.
        thank you for the info. Do you have a name of this tool?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...