Why is the stand alone vBulletin 4.0 Forum more expensive than the Publishing Suite ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falconking
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

Why is the stand alone vBulletin 4.0 Forum more expensive than the Publishing Suite ?

I have a valid 3.x licence, and would like to upgrade for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite.

Since the forum upgarde is part of the vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite (cf. $160) my qurstion is:

Why is the stand alone vBulletin 4.0 Forum (cf. $175) more expensive than the publishing suite (see pix)???

Click image for larger version

Name:	14-11-2009 02-34-12 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	3712052
  • hitmancode47
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.8.x

Discounts i think.
    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• falconking
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by hitmancode47
      Discounts i think.
      Do you think that they are pushing poeple towards buying the full suite rather than the stand alone?

But if they're trying to do so, WHY is it more expensive for those buying a new Publishing Suite (see pix) :

Click image for larger version

Name:	14-11-2009 02-25-48 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3675761

Comment

• birdie
        • Aug 2004

Its called a "promotion" ... everyone from the supermarket down the road to the ... etc are doing it.

Comment

• Quillz
          • Nov 2004
          • 5.0.X

Might as well get the Publishing Suite while it's being discounted. You'll get more for less.
          Forums

Comment

• Arkham
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by falconking
            I have a valid 3.x licence, and would like to upgrade for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite.

Since the forum upgarde is part of the vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite (cf. $160) my qurstion is:

Why is the stand alone vBulletin 4.0 Forum (cf. $175) more expensive than the publishing suite (see pix)???
            Since you are interested in the less-expensive but fuller-featured version... Don't ask any questions. Just buy and be happy. Take advantage of the deal while you can. You're getting a great deal. (Though not as much of a deal as you would have had you pre-purchased it

Comment

• Aachi
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Arkham
              Since you are interested in the less-expensive but fuller-featured version... Don't ask any questions. Just buy and be happy. Take advantage of the deal while you can. You're getting a great deal. (Though not as much of a deal as you would have had you pre-purchased it
              What to do if you have to pay 355$ for only VB 4.0 Forum
              See this post:
              Last edited by Aachi; Sat 14 Nov '09, 2:59am.
              Mobile Phone Applications Download Fun and Entertainment

Comment

• Arkham
                • Mar 2001
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Aachi
                What to do if you have to pay 355$ for only VB 4.0 Forum
                See this post:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1839490
                Nonsense. You will have vB4 for free until the end of your license, at which time you can continue running it or upgrade. Your best bet is to pay the $160 for the suite.

You: 180+160 = $340. Sure, it might have been better to not have purchased the license in Oct, but you did and you're still getting a discount. If you could predict the future, then sure, you would have been better off getting the discounted new suite license, but you can't and you didn't.

Me: 160+40+40+40+40+40+40+40+40+130=$610. I'm not complaining, despite not even using the forum. If I used the same sort of twisted self-entitlement logic that many people have been using, I should complain too, but I don't and won't.

Comment

• PixelGal
                  • May 2004
                  • 3.6.x

I wish I could go ahead and purchase for a site launching next year by reviving an expired that was originally on another domain. It's just too much right at Christmas time to try and swing more than the one site I have already paid for. Bad time of year for me to have to try and pay for more than one site. Look kids, Santa brought you forum software for mommy to use .... naa, I don't think that will work.

If it was after the first of the year maybe more could swing it, but it does seem strange to have to pay more for less features. I am very happy with VB and I couldn't do my site without them, I am glad I could get one at the discount price. Sadly the others may just have to wait.

Comment

• Aachi
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3.8.x

Nonsense. You will have vB4 for free until the end of your license, at which time you can continue running it or upgrade. Your best bet is to pay the $160 for the suite.

You: 180+160 = $340. Sure, it might have been better to not have purchased the license in Oct, but you did and you're still getting a discount. If you could predict the future, then sure, you would have been better off getting the discounted new suite license, but you can't and you didn't.

Me: 160+40+40+40+40+40+40+40+40+130=$610. I'm not complaining, despite not even using the forum. If I used the same sort of twisted self-entitlement logic that many people have been using, I should complain too, but I don't and won't.
                    Hay sensible man...
                    You have taken advantage of 9 years (3285 days). not only 15 days...and you should not complain..
                    As i have to pay extra money
                    175$ (that is 195-180 = 15$ for others) for just 15 days use of VB 3.8.4 patch level

Comment

• Arkham
                      • Mar 2001
                      • 4.1.x

Hay sensible man...
                      You have taken advantage of 9 years (3285 days). not only 15 days...and you should not complain..
                      As i have to pay extra money
                      175$ (that is 195-180 = 15$ for others) for just 15 days use of VB 3.8.4 patch level
                      Hi colourful man!

If you spent $180 a few weeks ago, and took advantage of the $130 upgrade offer that everyone had access to, you'd only have spent $210.

What exactly is your problem again? You've made up so many esoteric and mythical pricing combinations that I forget.

Comment

• falconking
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by birdie
                        Its called a "promotion" ... everyone from the supermarket down the road to the ... etc are doing it.
                        Don't be silly, I know that and I think you missed my point! Please read posts 1 & 3 again examining the above 2 pix.

Comment

• Aachi
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Hi colourful man!

If you spent $180 a few weeks ago, and took advantage of the $130 upgrade offer that everyone had access to, you'd only have spent $210.

What exactly is your problem again? You've made up so many esoteric and mythical pricing combinations that I forget.
                          I am not colurful man.but girl.

See here it is not 130$
                          it is 175$

and how can you say.
                          130 +
                          -------
                          210 ??

-----
                          It will be 310$

10 to 15 $ margin is acceptable but. 170 US$ = 14 178.4821 Pakistan rupee . uffff...

Originally posted by falconking
                          Don't be silly, I know that and I think you missed my point! Please read posts 1 & 3 again examining the above 2 pix.
                          I think Jelosoft should manage the things again to overcome such situations. that old customers are still facing. It never should happened like this.
                          That same thing selling at different price. at the same time..
                          How is it possible

1 thing price(only forum) = 175$ (It always must be less than 160$)
                          1 thing + Blog script + CMS script = 160$
                          Last edited by Aachi; Sat 14 Nov '09, 1:18pm.

Comment

• Arkham
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 4.1.x

I am not colurful man.but girl.

See here it is not 130$
                            it is 175$

and how can you say.
                            130 +
                            -------
                            210 ??

-----
                            Sorry, my apologies, miss.

I said 130 because you had the opportunity to purchase it via the 130 deal but chose not to. You can't blame them for that, when you had an active license before the pre-sale ended.

Comment

• falconking
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 3.6.x

1 thing price (only forum) = 175$ (It always must be less than 160$)
                              1 thing + Blog script + CMS script = 160$
                              This is exactly what I meant: (It always must be less than 160$) since it is a Stand Alone. Thanx colorful girl .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...