X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsfi
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.8.x

You have a great day to enjoy it. It was said those that purchased vb4 will get the BETA - did you purchase it NO which is why you don't have it. However when GOLD version is released BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR (so everyone talking months is full of crap) you will be able to upgrade for FREE.

Comment

• mlx
      • Jan 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ray Morgan
      We have decided to go ahead and open up beta to the largest possible audience. Instead of waiting for the gold release, active license holders will be given access to beta. We should be able to have this in place by the end of the day on Monday (Pacific time).
      Thank you for this!
      Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

Its the little things like that hurt vb 's reputation
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• sportsfi
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
          Its the little things like that hurt vb 's reputation
          So you don't want them to open up the BETA to you? Now I am confused I thought that was what you were having a cry about!

Comment

• Too Tall
            • Jun 2008

Pardon the interruption. Anyone have a read on when V4 goes gold?

Comment

• sportsfi
              • Oct 2008
              • 3.8.x

Ray and numerous others have said they hope to have it in Gold Release before the end of 2009.

Comment

• Mike Anime
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Aachi
                i purchased because i thought they will allow me to upgrade license for 40$/anum as they already allowing for another allowing for other license,
                As they announce here

but after 10 to 15 days the changed everything...

i am upset because i can not download other updates after 4 oct 2010. to do this i have to renew license cost 175$ before expiry,

they emailed us all with two weeks to upgrade our licences at a HUGE discount. they had a forum post about it at the same time.

am i disapointed they changed their pricing polecy with just two weeks notice yes sure who wouldn't be. seeing how they changed the renewal polecy when 3.6 (or wast it 3.7) came out i knew a major change was comming with the 4.0 realease so i renued a month before the announcment of the change over to 4.0 luckily my licence was active status back then so the renewal was 40.00 and then a month later i got SUITE upgrade for 130.00

there a good many people complaining and useing mac and windows along with other software out there to compare with one thread even compared vB to xbox and other gaming systems. this is unfair as forum software is not in the same leauge as gaming consoles or even other software.

as long as you get a 4.0 licence you dont pay anything more till vB 5.0 comes out that could be a year from now or five years from now. who knows when 5.0 will be launched not even the vB devs know that date there has been talk of a time frame of 18-24 months that is just speculation at this time even though it seems to have come from someone in vB itself.

with 4.0 there is no more renewal prices even when 4.1, 4.2, etc comes out unlike the past no matter how many years the 4.x.x series is out for.

Comment

• Aachi
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mike Anime

as long as you get a 4.0 licence you dont pay anything more till vB 5.0 comes out that could be a year from now or five years from now. who knows when 5.0 will be launched not even the vB devs know that date there has been talk of a time frame of 18-24 months that is just speculation at this time even though it seems to have come from someone in vB itself.

with 4.0 there is no more renewal prices even when 4.1, 4.2, etc comes out unlike the past no matter how many years the 4.x.x series is out for
                  I already had paid 180$ for VB 3.8.4 patch level1 in October. now on next year when my that license will expire they are asking more 175$ again for Vb 4. They are treating us as a New customer. not thinking that we already had paid too much to them.

i know there will be no renewal fee.
                  but for 1 month old user (like me) or for the Old license owners; there is renewal fee that is 175$.

If they are releasing VB 5.x.x in 3 years
                  Then renewal fee will be 40+40+40 = 120$
                  which is again less than 175$

and you can see each VB version always has little bit Bug. you are saying that we can download VB 4.0, but till our expiry date, It is Okay, but that version will not be bug free, again we have to pay exact 175$ to get bug free version.
                  Mobile Phone Applications Download Fun and Entertainment

Comment

• ChopSuey
                    • Apr 2009

I see where your going Nazia. But, that has been discussed when the pre-sale event started. Everyone was raging about prices and people getting banned threads being deleted. Stuff like that.
                    Some people are happy with the pricing structure.

Comment

• levaiz
                      • Dec 2009

So... what we can do ?

Comment

• barcena
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by wantadmag
                        Where were you when the valid arguments were going on here when Jelsoft/IB sent out the first email to "All Customers" regarding "VB 4.0 UPGRADING, ACTIVE, EXPIRED, PRE-SALE, DISCOUNTS ETC...." and all the other VB 4.0 pre-release arguements? Now if you decided to not upgrade to VB 4.0 suite for the "Limited Time" discount price and "BEFORE THE RELEASE OF VB 4.0 BETA" then it's your loss and no one elses problem. So live with your lifes decissions and just wait until VB 4.0 goes "GOLD" then it will be available to you. I mean really we are way past this part.

I don't know where she was, I was at home struggling to make the month ends and didn't bought on pre-release and never had the intention to because, (excuse me if I'm wrong but I have no plans to change), I don't buy things I CANNOT SEE. At the time of the pre-sale madness not even vbulletin was running on the new version, now that I have SEEN what is the 4.0 all about I'm waiting to see what happens and get it on Gold when the BETA, ALPHA or CENTAURUS testings are finish.

I have no intention on buying a product full or bugs and not really ready yet.

Now I have seen more and I can say that I will stick to vB but because I have no desire to change into another platform and yes, I like what I'm seeing so far, but I also have to say that what we are getting doesn't justify the price, 90% of the 4.0 suite is no more than 3.8 on steroids with a hand of fresh paint.

I don't mind to pay for a product but I don't like AT ALL the way Jelfson/IB have done this and still keeps doing it.

In my opinion vB 4.0 was not ready to go on the market even as a Beta product, they should of have those 1000 coders working and paying from the company's pockets like every other enterprise and when they eventually end it up with a great product then release it and charge for it, that's the way serious companys act, not showing a little piece of the pie to watering the client's mouth to sell an unfinished product in order to play with the money they are cashing out to pay the bills, we are paying for the company to do research, coding and developing.

By the time the Gold version (with less bugs and problems) will be on the street my Licence will be mega expired and we went from 60 bucks to three digits so they are not giving us nothing, they are not giving us a present or a gift, stop acting like if they were doing us a big favor!, WE ARE PAYING -and not cheap- for their product. As much as I like vB I have to say the way this whole transition has been done left A LOT to be desire and it is outrageous to see people pretending that we act as thanks-givers and fan-boys and saying that is right were is wrong as if the company were doing us a favor, flash: they are not.

We may like the software, we may be loyal customers, we may don't want to pass trough the hassle of migrating our big forums to a new platform, but we are not blind and we deserve some respect, we are sick of the whole superiority complex because without us there's no vBulletin, period.
                        Last edited by barcena; Sat 19 Dec '09, 5:40am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...