X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aachi
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

If your license was in active status when vBulletin 4.0 is released, you are eligible to download the software free of charge.

You may continue to run the 4.0 Forum software indefinitely, but you will not have access to any updates when the expiry date is reached (as found in your customer area). If you want to have access to any further maintenance, security or minor point releases for the 4.0 Forum software, you must purchase the full 4.0 Forum license upgrade at the price of $175 USD.
    but before this, it was not like that.

I also have 1 expired license, and if i want to update this expiry date. how can i do so?

Before this. there was an option to update expired license by fee 60$/year. (but now it is saying 175$ means for updating expire license fee is 20$ less from actual fee )

We are not buying new license. We are just updating license fee. Why it is the about same as for purchasing new fresh license..
    Mobile Phone Applications Download Fun and Entertainment

Comment

• Darkimmortal
      • Apr 2009

This is perfectly fair. Not once did they mention vB3 license holders would get beta access.

Comment

• blue7
        • Sep 2008
        • 4.2.x

this is madness exactly money trap damn

Comment

• tpgsr
          • Nov 2009
          • 3.8.x

I have lurked here forever and I really had to go ahead and sign up just because of the ridiculousness of the comments recently. This is not a money grab. It is a rebuilt software that is in testing still. Internet Brands are being good to their supporters by letting them have a sneak peak at 4.0 because they upgraded their licenses.

To all that think they should be entitled to a lifetime of updates and support on each new version... Did you recieve your FREE copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft yet? I mean surely you purchased windows 3.1 15 years ago and you should be more than entitled to windows 7 without paying for it! UGHHH

Comment

• NolFito
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.8.x

Isn't the beta a a vB4 Suite beta? so unless you took advantage on the pre-sale, you would not have access to the suite, and thus, no access to this beta. If the beta was of only the forum, then you may be in the right, but the beta is for a product you don't have access to, so I'm sorry.

In regards to the cost, that's the new system, and will get you all the updates for the the lifetime of vb4.x until it EOLs, no renewal fees or anything like that...
            "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
            "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

• RichM
              • Jan 2003
              • 4.0.x

I came to this thread feeling somewhat annoyed after reading the announcement. But then I soon read Zachery's post:

Originally posted by Zachery
              You are getting access to vBulletin 4 for free, as per the FAQ. ***You are still on a vBulletin 3 license however.***

http://www.vbulletin.com/faq.php#faq-94
              Yes, at the end of the day, some of us are still going to have to wait. However, Zachery's post pretty much puts it into perspective, at least for me. His post brought up a key point which I think many of us (including myself) were missing. Without his post, I (and probably many others) would have taken a more negative view regarding the matter.

That said, I don't think IB is doing the best job at maintaining customer satisfaction. The last thing you want to do is annoy customers. When you don't put things into perspective and when you don't justify your actions, you're potentially going to create a few problems. I'm not implying that customers with old licenses should have grandfather rights to the new beta software. However, I think there's better approaches when it comes to dealing with public relations. It is too easy in this day and age for businesses to come across as rip-off merchants to consumers. This is why they really need to be careful.

Anyhow, I look forward to testing out vBulletin 4 when the gold version is released.

Rich
              Last edited by RichM; Fri 13 Nov '09, 7:58am.

Comment

• mlx
                • Jan 2001
                • 3.8.x

You fanboys are amazing ... I'm not asking for lifetime updates or anything for free.

I'm not asking for the Suite either.

I'm just asking for the FORUM CLASSIC FREE UPGRADE that is advertised and that is mentioned in the FAQ for active license holders.

Glad that everything turns out just fine for you personally.

For me personally, it's not that easy to bring up a $830 to upgrade all my owned licenses to the Suite right now, after I was told earlier this year that I should upgrade my leased licenses to active owned licenses for a $180 each as I would benefit from it once vB4 is released - which I did.

Still looking for that benefit by the way.

But obviously I'm just another disgruntled second-class customer ...
                Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• tpgsr
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 3.8.x

You will get your free upgrade. When the software goes gold.

Comment

• TimL
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3.6.x

LOL at all the people who paid to use Beta software.

Comment

• Aachi
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tpgsr
                      I have lurked here forever and I really had to go ahead and sign up just because of the ridiculousness of the comments recently. This is not a money grab. It is a rebuilt software that is in testing still. Internet Brands are being good to their supporters by letting them have a sneak peak at 4.0 because they upgraded their licenses.

To all that think they should be entitled to a lifetime of updates and support on each new version... Did you recieve your FREE copy of Windows 7 from Microsoft yet? I mean surely you purchased windows 3.1 15 years ago and you should be more than entitled to windows 7 without paying for it! UGHHH

MS allowed us to download Windows 7. RC versions for free.. even they are still giving trial for 90 days for free. for everyone . weather you are purchasing or not.
                      Connecting all University students: Islam,Chit Chat, Daily News, Friendship, Lollywood,bollywood,hollywood news online songs and free software download.

I am still using this license for free.

My point is
                      We are not buying new license. We are just updating our old purchased license. Why it is the about same as for purchasing new fresh license..
                      now VB saying 175$ means for only updating expired license that is only 20$ less from actual fee... but it was 60$ before

Comment

• tpgsr
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 3.8.x

It is a new software. Microsoft can give a free trial as it is a compiled source software. This is an open source software that you could easily download a trial and never look back.

the price increase is based on increasing development cost as they are growing. I am not going to argue with you, but as a developer I see nothing wrong with how they are handling this.

Comment

• Aachi
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by tpgsr
                          the price increase is based on increasing development cost as they are growing. I am not going to argue with you, but as a developer I see nothing wrong with how they are handling this.
                          I agreed with you. But it is not fair at all that purchasing new license cost is quite same as for renewal price...

Comment

• NetID
                            • Sep 2008

It's a ravings of a madma and great dishonourableness from Jelsoft!, damn, foolish, greedy and disreputable Jelsoft, shame on you!!!

Why we should buy updates by the price of new vB copy ($175 per year) if whole Inet cluttered up by nulled versions of vB? Change your policy and attitude to the customers otherwise instead $175 per year you got nothing from overwhelming majority of the customers!

Comment

• wantadmag
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Aachi
                              I agreed with you. But it is not fair at all that purchasing new license cost is quite same as for renewal price...

Where were you when the valid arguments were going on here when Jelsoft/IB sent out the first email to "All Customers" regarding "VB 4.0 UPGRADING, ACTIVE, EXPIRED, PRE-SALE, DISCOUNTS ETC...." and all the other VB 4.0 pre-release arguements? Now if you decided to not upgrade to VB 4.0 suite for the "Limited Time" discount price and "BEFORE THE RELEASE OF VB 4.0 BETA" then it's your loss and no one elses problem. So live with your lifes decissions and just wait until VB 4.0 goes "GOLD" then it will be available to you. I mean really we are way past this part.

Comment

• tpgsr
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by NetID
                                It's a ravings of a madma and great dishonourableness from Jelsoft!, damn, foolish, greedy and disreputable Jelsoft, shame on you!!!

Why we should buy updates by the price of new vB copy ($175 per year) if whole Inet cluttered up by nulled versions of vB? Change your policy and attitude to the customers otherwise instead $175 per year you got nothing from overwhelming majority of the customers!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...