Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MXjunk127
    • May 2005

VB4 upgrade - How long is the license?

So, in September I reup-d my owned license in hopes of getting to test VB4 beta and develop my new site...There was that long epic pricing thread here which recommended we all re-up. Well now it appears only "4" owners will get to run beta...My current 3 license is good through sep '10, and the license is not being used at the moment...Did I waist my $60 bucks?

Going through the upgrade pages it seems like the upgrade for just the VB4 will cost me $175, but to upgrade to the whole sweet with all of that BS I wont use, it will cost me $160? Odd.

If I do upgrade to the VB4 suite so I don't waist another $15, how long is that good for? Is it still until VB5?

Not a happy camper...I reup'd my 3 license because I bought a website running phpbb2, thinking I would just jump to VB4 when it released...Way over budget...Thanks vBulletin Solutions!
  • Abomination
    • Jul 2008

The v4 license is not tied to a calendar, at all. Not even a tiny itsy bitsy bit.

It is good for the entire v4 series.

There are not too many happy campers regarding these issues.

Comment

• [PGS]MikalMirkas
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Abomination
      The v4 license is not tied to a calendar, at all. Not even a tiny itsy bitsy bit.

It is good for the entire v4 series.

There are not too many happy campers regarding these issues.
      vBulletin 4 has no expiry date, except @ EOL.

Comment

• Abomination
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by [PGS]MikalMirkas
        Agreed.

Think I'll stop there.

Comment

• Dismounted
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by [PGS]MikalMirkas
          You can keep running vBulletin 4 after its End-of-Life, there's just going to be no updates for it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...