Will I still be able to transfer my license?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crumblepie
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

Will I still be able to transfer my license?

I currently have an owned vBulletin license which is active until Aug 2010. Now that vB4 is being implemented, what happens when I want to transfer my license to someone else mid-2010? What steps would I have to take then, and would I have to pay anything? What about after Aug 2010?
  • yamahapaul
    • Jun 2008
    • 4.2.X

If your license expires in Aug 2010, doesn't that make it a leased license? I'm only asking as this may be related to a query that I had and I asked the question to VB via a support ticket..
    Midlands Heritage Forum

Comment

• crumblepie
      • Sep 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by yamahapaul
      If your license expires in Aug 2010, doesn't that make it a leased license? I'm only asking as this may be related to a query that I had and I asked the question to VB via a support ticket..
      No it's an owned license, it's just that the updates will stop in Aug 2010 for me. My main concern is that I'd much rather stick with vB3.. but when the time comes for me to sell my forum and transfer the license to someone else, will I have to upgrade it? And if so, how much will I have to pay? This would be post Aug 2010.

Comment

• Dismounted
        • Sep 2006

You can transfer your license as long as it is active. If it becomes inactive, you must upgrade to one of the new licenses before it can be transferred again.

Comment

• crumblepie
          • Sep 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dismounted
          You can transfer your license as long as it is active. If it becomes inactive, you must upgrade to one of the new licenses before it can be transferred again.
          For now, it says 'Free' for the vB 4 Forum Classic Upgrade... that's what made me confused.. if I will already be getting vB4 with my active license, what would I be upgrading to?

Comment

• Dismounted
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crumblepie
            For now, it says 'Free' for the vB 4 Forum Classic Upgrade... that's what made me confused.. if I will already be getting vB4 with my active license, what would I be upgrading to?
            You receive updates to vBulletin as long as your support period is still active. Once your license becomes inactive, you will not receive any updates. To continue to do so, you will need to upgrade to one of the new licenses (Forum Classic or Publishing Suite).

Comment

• crumblepie
              • Sep 2008
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Dismounted
              You receive updates to vBulletin as long as your support period is still active. Once your license becomes inactive, you will not receive any updates. To continue to do so, you will need to upgrade to one of the new licenses (Forum Classic or Publishing Suite).
              So I need to pay $175 extra to be able to transfer my license, correct? Since a new license costs $195, I don't think I'll want to that... I've already paid $180 for my current active license and if I add another $175 that'll be too much... it doesn't really make sense Don't we have an option to transfer our old Vb3 license without having to upgrade? With this new pricing, I'd much rather sell my Vb3 license and then get a new vB4 license for the price of $195.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...