Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deni_z
    • Oct 2009

VB 4.0 Forum without CMS and Blog

Hello. Is there a demo for VB Forum 4.0 without CMS or Blog, or VB Forum 4.0 classic? I mean, in this Demo http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php there are some tabs there, and I want to know what tabs will be in the VB Forum 4.0 classic. Thank you!
    ArgesForum.ro
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no demo available for vB4 at this time and one will not be available until after the Gold release. Anything in the CMS is unique to that and is not available in the Forums only product.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Dismounted
      • Sep 2006

Forum Classic will be what you see here, minus anything in the "Home", "Blogs" and "Projects" tabs.

Comment

• Super Cat
        • Jan 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Dismounted
        Forum Classic will be what you see here, minus anything in the "Home", "Blogs" and "Projects" tabs.
        What's New might not be there either because all you'll have is new post unless they add things from social forums.

Comment

• Dismounted
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Super Cat
          What's New might not be there either because all you'll have is new post unless they add things from social forums.
          "What's New?" will be there - it will still return new posts like it does currently.

Comment

• Super Cat
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.X

But there isn't a need for it when you have "New Post" So why have extra button?
            Originally posted by Dismounted
            "What's New?" will be there - it will still return new posts like it does currently.

Comment

• cellarius
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

But there isn't a need for it when you have "New Post" So why have extra button?
              Because it also returns results from social groups and the calendar, and the search can be plugged in by modificatons, so it's possible for developers to plug in that "What's new", too.

Comment

• Super Cat
                • Jan 2005
                • 4.2.X

Ok I forgot about calendar. Did they connect it with social group? I thought social groups wasn't added to "What's New"
                Originally posted by cellarius
                Because it also returns results from social groups and the calendar, and the search can be plugged in by modificatons, so it's possible for developers to plug in that "What's new", too.

Comment

• cellarius
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Ok I forgot about calendar. Did they connect it with social group? I thought social groups wasn't added to "What's New"
                  No, AFAIR the calendar is on the list for revamping in one of the point releases, and hopefully that connection will happen then.
                  Concerning What's New - ya know, it's running on this site, just try it. What do you think the New Group Messages link in the navbar was for

Comment

• Super Cat
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 4.2.X

Go ahead and make me look like an idiot
                    Originally posted by cellarius
                    No, AFAIR the calendar is on the list for revamping in one of the point releases, and hopefully that connection will happen then.
                    Concerning What's New - ya know, it's running on this site, just try it. What do you think the New Group Messages link in the navbar was for

Comment

• cellarius
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.8.x

Go ahead and make me look like an idiot
                      Sorry, no intention to do that...

Comment

• jdj
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 5.1.x

What date is the Gold Version scheduled to be available?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        There is no demo available for vB4 at this time and one will not be available until after the Gold release. Anything in the CMS is unique to that and is not available in the Forums only product.
                        I apologise if I've missed this somewhere, but what date is the Gold version as opposed to the unsupported Beta version of vB 4.0 scheduled to be available?

This is not intended to be a criticism, I just need to know.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by jdj
                          I apologise if I've missed this somewhere, but what date is the Gold version as opposed to the unsupported Beta version of vB 4.0 scheduled to be available?

This is not intended to be a criticism, I just need to know.
                          There currently is no known release date
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• cellarius
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

The goal is to release vB4 gold this year.

Comment

• ricoblah
                              • Aug 2010

any chance to see and test a DEMO of the "Classic-Forum" product ?

Well, you guys are selling the product, so I guess there should be a DEMO available as well ???

Seems like you do not want to show your products to your prospective customers ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...