X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cees
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

3.8.x and blog

I own a license for the 3.x series. I bought the new license for the 4.x inc cms. Its not available right now, but.... i want to start a site WITH a blog. Can i know download the blog part for VB3 x version??? Buying now isnt a option and not possible anymore i think. So can people who bought the new license then download blog.
  • Cees
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

bump

Comment

• sportsfi
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.8.x

If you haven't received a response you should be able to open a support ticket from your members area and ask the support team there as they would have all of the answers for you.

Comment

• Eidolon
        • May 2009
        • 3.8.x

This is a valid question and one the Team should answer out in the open, why should everyone who would like to know the answer to this have to pay to open a support ticket!

Comment

• Cees
          • Dec 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Eidolon
          This is a valid question and one the Team should answer out in the open, why should everyone who would like to know the answer to this have to pay to open a support ticket!

If i know something more, i let you know. I made a support ticket for it.

Comment

• ywwz
            • Jul 2009

I have the same question, thanks Cees.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

The Blog is no longer available as a separate product. It is now part of the Suite.

Note: As per this announcement, all pre-sales purchasers will be able to download the Beta in mid-November:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• RedWingFan
                • Sep 2004

We can't deploy 4.0 on a production basis until we have replacements for a couple of our most important plugins and/or modifications (which, I'm sure, will take several months or more). But, I can see where some vB license holders, who paid for the suite upgrade (as we did), would like to use the blog package from 3.8.x just to get up and running, and then upgrade it over to the 4.0 installation when the time comes.

I AM putting 4.0 on our private test site though: I want to be sure the staff is up to speed on all the new features.

BTW, I'm glad that vB4 will now have a CMS. I was comparing portals and didn't care for any of those that I tried. This will save me running something else for the rest of our site, and having to integrate it with vB manually.

Comment

• Cees
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  The Blog is no longer available as a separate product. It is now part of the Suite.

Note: As per this announcement, all pre-sales purchasers will be able to download the Beta in mid-November:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-and-Beta-News
                  Okay, but it isnt ready for productioin. And i still want to start with a blog. Can you give the blog free for the people who have already bought the suite?

Comment

• Cees
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 3.6.x

So again.. the release of a beta 4.0 with blog isnt ready for production on a live site. I want to start with the blog can i download it for 3.8! I can upgrade the new forum inc the blogs..

Comment

• Darkimmortal
                      • Apr 2009

I bet you could make some extra cash if you put up the original 3.8 vB Blog addon for purchase again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...