Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicros
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.8.x

..3.8.5 is actually right on time. Those of you who havent upgraded are getting your proper updates and those of us who have upgraded are just waiting..so really no big deal.
    Pixel Playground
    vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

Comment

• AbdullahSZ
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
      Zachery,

With all due respect, if your coming out with 4.0 in a few weeks, what is the point of 3.8.5 when everyone is wanting 4.0 and that is the one that is obviously being discussed, etc.

Seems to me a waste with 3.8.5/
      I'm not going to upgrade to 4 as soon as the beta or even the gold comes out. I've tons of hacks, modifications, and styles installed that I don't want to lose. I'll wait until most mods are updated, and take my time upgrading my styles to 4.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
        everyone is wanting 4.0
        Please do not make assumptions.

Comment

• shadowedsoul
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shohin
          Hmm....I wonder if Microsoft is going now going to come out with a Vista2!
          Oh hell, I'd rather stay with the 3.x anyway as 4.0 thus far totally turns me off.
          Yes, I realize that 4.0 is still in beta but if some drastic changes and, I do mean drastic changes are not made before the gold I want nothing to do with it.
          Shows how much you know about software releases and versions. Microsoft came out with full scale updates and services packs for OS's that are 2 generations out of date. It's absolutely normal to have a maintenance schedule for old software. If you didn't do this people wouldn't buy software with how expensive it is.

Comment

• shohin
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by shadowedsoul
            Shows how much you know about software releases and versions. Microsoft came out with full scale updates and services packs for OS's that are 2 generations out of date. It's absolutely normal to have a maintenance schedule for old software. If you didn't do this people wouldn't buy software with how expensive it is.
            Wow...that went right over your head didn't it.

Comment

• GeorgeB
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by feldon23
              Please do not make assumptions.
              It is called fact, not assumptions. The only people not wanting to upgrading is because of the "horrid" new colors, possibly loss in mods/styles, etc. If it wasn't for all that, everyone would be.

Plus it seems more people are upgrading, then there is not upgrading.
              George Beale
              www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Sorry George but the fact that people do not want to upgrade means that not everybody wants it.

And I wouldn't use this forum as a basis for working out that more want to upgrade than not - those who post on here make up the minority of the vB customerbase.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• knightdreams
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  I believe the plan is to get a 3.8.5 release out soon. Most of our efforts right now are going to vBulletin 4 at this time.
                  According to your own time line there will be no 3.8.5, only bug/security updates to the 3.8 series.

And once 4.1 is released only security updates.

Comment

• motowebmaster
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 3.5.x

The upgrade effort isn't something to look forward to, but I'm glad to see that there is going to be a 3.8.5.

vb 4.0 is looking better though. Beta 2 is a re-assuring improvement over Beta 1.
                    Shawn

Comment

• Vicros
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevster
                      Sorry George but the fact that people do not want to upgrade means that not everybody wants it.

And I wouldn't use this forum as a basis for working out that more want to upgrade than not - those who post on here make up the minority of the vB customerbase.
                      100% correct my friend, and btw i love your signature lol
                      Pixel Playground
                      vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

Comment

• McCarroll21
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by knightdreams
                        According to your own time line there will be no 3.8.5, only bug/security updates to the 3.8 series.

And once 4.1 is released only security updates.
                        3.8.5 would be security updates to the 3.8 series. You may see a 3.8.5 pl1 after that or it could go to 3.8.6 for further security updates. If it were a major upgrade, it would be switched to 3.9.x or if it's a complete overhaul, you get to 4.0 ... which is right around the corner.

Comment

• kyrgyz
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by terryfavors
                          I think I will switch maybe 6 months after the Gold version is released I just hate issues so I wait til they are all ironed out mostly!
                          That's what I was planning to do. But...vB's development process is poised to be speedy. They doubled their workforce and expect to release new versions (4, 5,...) faster (judging from vB staff's responses - every 18-24 months). So, better start familiarizing yourself with vB4 starting from Beta, IMHO.

Comment

• knightdreams
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by McCarroll21
                            3.8.5 would be security updates to the 3.8 series. You may see a 3.8.5 pl1 after that or it could go to 3.8.6 for further security updates. If it were a major upgrade, it would be switched to 3.9.x or if it's a complete overhaul, you get to 4.0 ... which is right around the corner.
                            From everything I have seen, security updates are the PL's not a new version number. Like there was already a security update for 3.8.4 and it is now called 3.8.4 PL1, so that security update did not make it go to 3.8.5 now did it? No.

A major upgrade would make it 3..8.5 however.

Comment

• Dismounted
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by knightdreams
                              And bug fixes are rolled into revision releases. The next would be 3.8.5. Only security updates are rolled in patch level releases.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...