Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0ptima
    • Jan 2002

When is VB 3.8.5 going to be released?

Its been almost 3 months since 3.8.4 was released. I would like to know when 3.8.5 is planned to be released.
  • woffie
    • Jan 2009
    • 4.0.x

Never

Comment

• GeorgeB
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 0ptima
      Its been almost 3 months since 3.8.4 was released. I would like to know when 3.8.5 is planned to be released.
      The one soon is vb 4.0 not 3.8.4
      George Beale
      www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

• shohin
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
        The one soon is vb 4.0 not 3.8.4
        I think you mean 3.8.5 (in reference to the original post) seeing 3.8.4 has been out for sometime now.
        No, 3.8.4 Patch Level1 is going straight to 4.0

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

I believe the plan is to get a 3.8.5 release out soon. Most of our efforts right now are going to vBulletin 4 at this time.

Comment

• shohin
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
            I believe the plan is to get a 3.8.5 release out soon. Most of our efforts right now are going to vBulletin 4 at this time.
            Huh! I thought the 3.X version was over! I realize that it is going to be supported for a period of time but I thought it was finished and only 4.0 would be available. Jeeez, now I'm really confused!

Comment

• Vicros
              • Dec 2007
              • 3.8.x

hmm so a 3.8.5 is coming?...thats cool i guess, but vB 4 is much more needed now than anything else IMO.
              Pixel Playground
              vB Skins.. Supplying Skins for the little guys....lol

Comment

• knightdreams
                • Feb 2005
                • 3.8.x

if there is going to be a 3.8.5 then those who are on 3.x or whatever should be allowed to renew for the normal old price if there lic is expired in order to get from there current version to 3.8.5. Cause it had been stated by staff already that ONLY security updates for older version where going to be done that no other versions where to be done except for 4.0

Comment

• Dismounted
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by knightdreams
                  Cause it had been stated by staff already that ONLY security updates for older version where going to be done that no other versions where to be done except for 4.0
                  Who said that? Releases are still done according to the support schedule: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...pport-Schedule. vBulletin 3.8 is still at "Full Support" status.

Comment

• GeorgeB
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
                    Zachery,

With all due respect, if your coming out with 4.0 in a few weeks, what is the point of 3.8.5 when everyone is wanting 4.0 and that is the one that is obviously being discussed, etc.

Seems to me a waste with 3.8.5/
                    George Beale
                    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

• cbiweb
                      • Apr 2004
                      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by GeorgeB
                      Zachery,

With all due respect, if your coming out with 4.0 in a few weeks, what is the point of 3.8.5 when everyone is wanting 4.0 and that is the one that is obviously being discussed, etc.

Seems to me a waste with 3.8.5/
                      It's good for those who can't/won't upgrade to 4.0, since it's likely that many will stay with 3.x for some time.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• terryfavors
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by cbiweb
                        It's good for those who can't/won't upgrade to 4.0, since it's likely that many will stay with 3.x for some time.
                        I think I will switch maybe 6 months after the Gold version is released I just hate issues so I wait til they are all ironed out mostly!

Comment

• GeorgeB
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cbiweb
                          That might be true, but if they are focusing on releasing a old version as well as a new version, the old one such as 3.8.5 should have been done first, and not after.

Technology companies are supposed to keep moving forward with technology, not back and forth. Other wish you wined up with people trying to work on a million issues on multiple versions and not enough man power to cater to it all.
                          George Beale

Comment

• shohin
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 3.6.x

Hmm....I wonder if Microsoft is going now going to come out with a Vista2!
                            Oh hell, I'd rather stay with the 3.x anyway as 4.0 thus far totally turns me off.
                            Yes, I realize that 4.0 is still in beta but if some drastic changes and, I do mean drastic changes are not made before the gold I want nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Super Cat
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Dismounted
                              Who said that? Releases are still done according to the support schedule: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...pport-Schedule. vBulletin 3.8 is still at "Full Support" status.
                              So end of life for 3.8 series would be at 4.2?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...