can I pay someone to set things up for me?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rachel_p
    • Nov 2009

I'm interested in starting a forum.

I've looked through countless forums online, and found that the ones I like best are powered by vbulletin.

I have no idea how to do the technical side of building up a web forum.

I would like to
    -get a URL
    -set it up with a vbulletin forum

I don't know much about hosting and such. I'm a very fast learner. I'm confident I can run the website once it's established. I can bring in the members for sure. I just need help getting it up and running.
    Does anyone offer a service to do that? Of course I expect to pay.

Also, can anyone tell me what your total out of pocket cost was to get your forum site up and running and ready for "traffic"?

Thanks!
  • cheat-master30
    • Jun 2008
    • 3.8.x

I think you can pay for installation of vBulletin, although I can't verify that. You'd still have to get a hosting account though, albeit without much difficulty.
    DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

• rachel_p
      • Nov 2009

Thanks....your DS site is great. My kids would love it.

Comment

• Loco.M
        • Mar 2005
        • 3.5.x

You can pay vbulletin, or you can ask on vbulletin.org and we also have a service area where ppl offer setup and help.
        -- Web Developer for hire
        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• NathanLedet
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.6.x

Feel free to shoot me a message on AIM: nathanledet is my username. I'd be happy to walk you through the process

Comment

• kyrgyz
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by rachel_p
            Don't be in a harry. You don't have to pay anybody really. The things that you are requesting are pretty basic and can be done by yourself for FREE. Just google and ask questions here. Whatever you learn in the process will serve you well later on.

Comment

• Tigurius
              • May 2005

As kyrgyz said, it's very easy. Just look on the forum here for where to get webhosting. You can go to any domain registrar (just stay away from godaddy). The manual for installing vBulletin is very easy to follow and when you're first setting up the site, you can do as many screw ups as you want and not worry. As for changing the look, vBulletin.org is very helpful as is many other sites out there.

Comment

• terryfavors
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

$180.00 for forum software, $150.00 Vbulletin will install, Hosting for the year $175.00 usually host will set up most all data base stuff, Graphic Designer depends what you want changed you can look at mine it was all changed. Just some suggestions on what I paid? My host did set up Vbulletin for Free I messed it up and had to get Vbulletin to reload it. Some say it all simple to do it was not for me, lol!!!

Oppsss $60.00 for Blog

Comment

• rachel_p
                  • Nov 2009

Thank you, for all of the response!

I'm going to continue to look around here and see what's what. Good to know that there are people out there to help, though.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Abomination
                    • Jul 2008

There is also vb.com phone support and these people that specialize in setting up vb, I've not used them but many are extremely happy with them: urljet.com

Comment

• cheat-master30
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 3.8.x

As people have said, even with the installation thing I mentioned, it's probably just as easy in most respects to set it up yourself (upload files, run install.php, fill in forms online). You may have trouble with the database setup, but if so, just ask your host or something.
                      DS Ultimate- A Nintendo DS Forum

My Blog (Nintendo, vBulletin and other articles)

My Profile and Modifications at vBulletin.org

Comment

• hitmancode47
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 3.8.x

vBulletin has a installation service, but it is very expensive.

However, you can advertise at vBulletin.org in the paid requests centre and see if it attracts any attention, some people require payment to do the work, others do it free, depends who you come across really.
                        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Faceshqip
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by rachel_p
                          I'm interested in starting a forum.

I've looked through countless forums online, and found that the ones I like best are powered by vbulletin.

I have no idea how to do the technical side of building up a web forum.

I would like to
                          -get a URL
                          -set it up with a vbulletin forum

I don't know much about hosting and such. I'm a very fast learner. I'm confident I can run the website once it's established. I can bring in the members for sure. I just need help getting it up and running.
                          Does anyone offer a service to do that? Of course I expect to pay.

Also, can anyone tell me what your total out of pocket cost was to get your forum site up and running and ready for "traffic"?

Thanks!
                          Like some people say here dont pay for servises,trust me is very easy, all you need a good hosting with cpanel and it can get you going with no time, instalation is strair forward, if you have any problem with the instalation or loading files to your account just pop a private massage to faceshqip and i will bee happy to help you for free.

Here to help any one who have problems installing..

Just remember your hostin must have cpanel best for vbulletin easy and simple..

Good Luck

Comment

• GHOwner
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 3.8.x

I would be willing to setup a database and basic install, if you'd like more hands on help.

However, be careful about giving anyone this access. Not to say all people have mischievous intentions, but you know what I mean. As also said, there's paid solutions if you feel more comfortable with such. vBulletin.com also offers professional installation as an addon service, though is a bit pricey.

Originally posted by Faceshqip
                            You don't need cpanel for this process to be easy or do-able. A person just needs access to a php-powered file server and mysql database creation + database user setup. Plesk and other control panels can be as easy to do this.

Comment

• Bounce
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by terryfavors
                              $180.00 for forum software,
                              Oppsss $60.00 for Blog
                              Be better buying the suite that come's with the blog lol

Originally posted by Faceshqip
                              Maybe so, but doesn't have to be cpanel

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...