Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fynnon
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.8.x

MoneyBookers could be another solution to be considered by vB !

I use PayPal and you do need an account to pay anything because you are paying the money from your credit card and it has to be regitered in your paypal account first ...this is available for donations too !

Paypal is a BANK and i never heard of a bank operations you can do without authentifying first !

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Fynnon
      They are horrible, I'd never do business with them.

Comment

• shohin
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.6.x

With a name like that it sounds more like an Internet OTB site! lol

Comment

• Fynnon
          • Jul 2008
          • 3.8.x

MoneyBookers is a UK company that deals with large amounts of cash for online payments !
          I used it sometimes with no problems and i know many people in Europe and elsewhere use it with success !

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

We process payments on our website just as vBulletin does and it's a horrid experience from the merchant side to deal with some of these credit card processors. Those of you that don't and probably will never deal with handling Credit Card payments online, will never know the misery it can cause.

It's not just as simple as merchant swapping processors due to the nature of the account and even if we do switch, the same problems have come back to haunt us time and time again. This new 3D verification system that has been rolled out has been an absolute nightmare because so many banks do not offer their cards under "Verified by Visa" or the MasterCard SecureCode version... So, to be painfully honest, PayPal has given us less grief when it comes to handling these kind of payments.

The merchants pay dearly for the privilege of accepting credit cards and have to deal with the fallout when someone can't get a charge through. We stand to lose a lot of business over a function that we have no control over... It's not us rejecting the payment, it's the card processor --- so we always recommend PayPal to avoid these verification problems.

Anyway... just another view from a site that accepts credit cards for services, etc.

[PS: We had a lot of issues dealing with Moneybookers... we refused to do further business with them]
            To be updated...

Comment

• flasher33
              • Oct 2006

Had the same problem as the 1st poster.
              I face lots of issues when wanting to buy a license from my customers.
              And don't want to use pay pal cuz it charges a bit extra 1 to 2 $ and I have to comply and pay. But my customers some time refuse to pay the extra charge and say that they will only pay what is posted on VB site.
              Wish this issue get fixed by finding another credit card processor.

Comment

• LanciaStratos
                • Jul 2001

I just had the same issue, extremely frustrating to say the least.

Comment

• sweede
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 3.6.x

I use PayPal and you do need an account to pay anything because you are paying the money from your credit card and it has to be regitered in your paypal account first ...this is available for donations too !

Paypal is a BANK and i never heard of a bank operations you can do without authentifying first !
                  Paypal is not a bank.

In the United States, PayPal is licensed as a money transmitter on a state-by-state basis. PayPal is not classified as a bank in the United States, though the company is subject to some of the rules and regulations governing the financial industry

Comment

• Tigurius
                    • May 2005

There is a way to pay via paypal WITHOUT signing up for paypal. I believe vB just has the OLD way still setup. There is a new payment processing API that paypal offers. Maybe Jelsoft could work with paypal in correcting that issue?

Comment

• Ingenious
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 3.8.x

I process payments on my website using PayPal and you do NOT have to sign up, there is an option to pay with a credit/debit card directly. This is with their website payments standard service. In the merchant options there is a setting "PayPal account optional?":

Turn on PayPal Account Optional and we won't require non PayPal account holders to create an account to complete a purchase from you.
                      Maybe this is not enabled with Jelsoft's account, or direct payment was not available in your country, or you missed the option to do this when checking out (it's not that obvious, as they prefer you to sign up!).

Remember when you buy something and a 3rd party processes your card, the retailer has no control over this. I should also add, speaking for the UK, it's not the case these days that a retailer "can just go and buy" a merchant account, due to PCI compliance, there is a whole range of extra security things you need to do, this is why many on-line retailers pass the card processing to a 3rd party who is already PCI compliant.
                      Fireworks

Comment

• henkou
                        • May 2008
                        • 3.7.x

I also wasn't able to pay via credit card, that time i forgot my paypal password ))) Had to restore it... paying via paypal was an easy way though. Russia.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by henkou
                          I also wasn't able to pay via credit card, that time i forgot my paypal password ))) Had to restore it... paying via paypal was an easy way though. Russia.

Thats okay we were able to pay... We paid $740 to upgrade all 3 of our licenses to the Publisher Suite and also to add Branding Free to one of our licenses... Yet only one of our Licenses was actually upgraded to the Publisher Suite.. I contacted support even logged onto my Online Banking Account (Bank of America) took a screen shot of the charge and sent it to them yet they claim they only show one order for $190 so I am getting screwed out of $550 cause if I were to issue a Chargeback they would probably Terminate ALL my Licenses and Ban me even though its their fault or their retarded Merchant Processor (MetaCharges) fault..
                          ------------------------------------------
                          Steve
                          DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                          CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                          TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                          Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Lawrence Enterprise
                            Thats okay we were able to pay... We paid $740 to upgrade all 3 of our licenses to the Publisher Suite and also to add Branding Free to one of our licenses... Yet only one of our Licenses was actually upgraded to the Publisher Suite.. I contacted support even logged onto my Online Banking Account (Bank of America) took a screen shot of the charge and sent it to them yet they claim they only show one order for $190 so I am getting screwed out of $550 cause if I were to issue a Chargeback they would probably Terminate ALL my Licenses and Ban me even though its their fault or their retarded Merchant Processor (MetaCharges) fault..
                            That is not a fair characterization of what happened. I have done EVERYTHING I could to locate this charge. There is no such charge under your name, your credit card number ot your IP address. None, as I have clearly told you.

And there is no way to refund an order that you can't find. Sorry if that was not clear.

Barring you providing any information we can use to locate and refund this order I told you too go ahead and charge it back. A NEVER said ANYTHING about terminating all your license, nor did I even hint at such an action. If you are going to make accusations publicly, then please stick to the facts.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                              That is not a fair characterization of what happened. I have done EVERYTHING I could to locate this charge. There is no such charge under your name, your credit card number ot your IP address. None, as I have clearly told you.

And there is no way to refund an order that you can't find. Sorry if that was not clear.

Barring you providing any information we can use to locate and refund this order I told you too go ahead and charge it back. A NEVER said ANYTHING about terminating all your license, nor did I even hint at such an action. If you are going to make accusations publicly, then please stick to the facts.

Well I wrote this before I even talked to you.... And I am just writing and explaining my issues with the problematic MetaCharge as there is obviously a big problem with it..... Just a big inconvenience cause I was charged $740 and got nothing for it so okay I issue a chargeback and several months from now get my money back okay then discounts will probably be over and ill have to shell out more money... Yes if I file a Chargeback with my Bank they immediately give me the funds back then I can immediately repurchase it (and pray it works this time and doesn't just mess up again) nope cause while give me the funds its a Temporary Credit while they investigate so then there is a chance that I lose the chargeback and now would be out double money...

Sorry just very frustrated.....
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Steve
                              DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                              CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                              TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                              Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                                Former Customer Support Manager
                                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Lawrence Enterprise
                                Well I wrote this before I even talked to you.... And I am just writing and explaining my issues with the problematic MetaCharge as there is obviously a big problem with it.....
                                Actually your ticket and my responses were all before you posted here.

It also turns out that your credit card was processed through PayPal, not Metacharge. That's why I couldn't find it. Very few credit card orders go through PayPal.

And you had already issued a 'buyer dispute' with Paypal which caused this to be chargedback.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...