Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toad
    • Nov 2001

Skins

Some of you may know of the awesome feature with Ikonboard where users can choose one of several skins that the admin has downloaded and uploaded to his files. Is this possible with vBulletin?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Yes, this is not only possible it's one of the features my members like the most. In vB these are called 'Style Sets' and you can see how this works by clicking on the different links in my sig.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Toad
      • Nov 2001

Those are nice! Do you have to make them yourself or can I download a style set somewhere and have it uploaded to my vb files?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Most people create their own style sets. It's not really that hard to create a new style set with a different color scheme. The only one I've provided for downloading in the Halloween set.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Toad
          • Nov 2001

I see. How do you make a style set you have created available for users to choose? Thanks for your help, btw.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

It's real easy. When you create a new style you have the choice of making it 'user-selectable'. If you choose 'yes', then the style will be available for choice in the User Options. Feel free to register on my site and you'll see what I mean.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...