Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wookie
    • Nov 2001

Need a little info

I was looking through the board to see how compatible Vbulletin would be for my pc before I purchased it. I see alot of people haveing problems with email. I was going to run Windows XP, Apache 1.3.2, Mysql 3.23.43, and php 4.0.6. I was wondering if anyone was using any configuration such as this with email verification working correctly. I don't want to spend all the money for this program if it's gonna take weeks to get the email to work. If there is something else needed besides what I have please inform me. Should I run my own smtp server?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In order to send email through PHP on Windows you will have to run your own SMTP server on your machine.

You will then have to setup PHP to access this server via the PHP.INI file. There are detailed instructions on how to do this on the php.net site located in the manual.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wookie
      • Nov 2001

thanks for the info. I'll check it out right away!

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

I just use my isp's smtp server and all email is simply sent through their servers.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Kaizen
          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by PPN
          I just use my isp's smtp server and all email is simply sent through their servers.
          My isp has authentication on the smtp server to stop spam and us using it on our sites.
          Email: [email protected]
          Site: Under Construction

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...