X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wacodep
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Payments NOT accepted via ANY method

I've been trying to pay for an upgrade all morning, but NONE of the various payment methods are working.

I've tried various credit cards via Metacharge AND via PayPal - everything is being rejected by your payment gateway for one reason or another.

The cards are fine. Is the payment gateway broken?
  • aflax045
    • Jul 2005

I had this problem to the point where one of my cards was deactivated for fraud security. I checked several times to make sure that the information on both the initial vBulletin page and the paypoint website was the same. I'm not quite sure what was happening. The solution I came up with was to just donate some money to my paypal account with a credit card and pay through that.

Comment

• TheChaosFactor
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

I'm having this same issue, so I called to inquire/pay via phone... What happens? Nobody is available in the sales department.. Go figure.

I will NOT accept paying full price because I'm trying to upgrade within the allotted time frame and there are issues with the online payment system and the phone sales team is overburdened. This is not my problem.

Either vbulletin wants my money or they don't. Which is it?

Edit: When this does get fixed, am I going to have to find a new card to use to make my payment? Because I don't have one.

Comment

• centris
        • Jun 2001
        • 3.8.x

Be very careful of paying by other means, at least you have protection by your credit card company if anything goes wrong.

Comment

• TheChaosFactor
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

I'm not worried about protection. My paypal is kept to a minimal amount, and chargebacks mean nothing to me. I'm aware of what I'm getting myself into. But I will not pay 4.x% to transfer money to paypal for no reason.

This is bull****, plain and simple. I'm jumping through hoops to be able to hand my money over to a company that can't even show me what I'm getting for that money. This is bad business.

Comment

• taffy056
            • Sep 2004

why not send a support ticket through, Steve has just replied very quickly to my enquiry about Paypal
            Free Kick
            https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

• dilbert
              • Oct 2004

I just upgraded this morning using VISA and didn't have any issues.
              Cliff
              PathLabTalk
              Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• TheChaosFactor
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by taffy056
                why not send a support ticket through, Steve has just replied very quickly to my enquiry about Paypal
                That's good to know, and I will, but on the phone they told me there was a 24 hour window for online inquiries and I won't be available to do this tomorrow, nor can I wait around for a response. If he's on and handling things, I guess that me be the best route at this point.

Comment

• taffy056
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TheChaosFactor
                  That's good to know, and I will, but on the phone they told me there was a 24 hour window for online inquiries and I won't be available to do this tomorrow, nor can I wait around for a response. If he's on and handling things, I guess that me be the best route at this point.
                  Steve has replied to my various messages regarding Paypal within about 15 mins for each message that we have exchanged
                  Free Kick
                  https://apps.facebook.com/freekick-net/forums.php

Comment

• pmk
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Trying to puchase an upgrade to 4.0 from the US was VERY difficult. Both my AMEX and MC were denied, and after spending over 30 minutes on hold to speak with someone at vBulletin, they said charges to their company are frequently flagged as FRAUD and don't go through. I called AMEX and indeed this was the case, they had pull the block on the charge and I had to re-do the entire purchase.

What PITA! I almost decided not to continue as a vBulletin customer because of the hassle of this purchase.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by wacodep
                      I've tried various credit cards via Metacharge AND via PayPal - everything is being rejected by your payment gateway for one reason or another.
                      Are your cards eligible for international transactions? This is the number one cause of immediate rejections. Our transactions are still processed in the UK for the time being.

We are looking to simplify this and at other options including possibly switching payment processors.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kyrgyz
                        • Oct 2007

This is to confirm that payments using PayPal are going through. I just bought my second Suite license via PayPal. It literally took a minute to complete my purchase.

Comment

• wacodep
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Yea, I finally got it worked out. Was (mostly) my CC company trying to prevent what they thought was fraud.

Comment

• shohin
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 3.6.x

I just payed through Visa several days ago and it went through fine. However the very next day Visa called me up asking me to verify that the $130.00 payment was legit! Not that I'm not happy to hear that Visa is watching out for suspect payments but there definitely seems to be some problem with the way payments to vB are processed.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by shohin
                              I just payed through Visa several days ago and it went through fine. However the very next day Visa called me up asking me to verify that the $130.00 payment was legit! Not that I'm not happy to hear that Visa is watching out for suspect payments but there definitely seems to be some problem with the way payments to vB are processed.
                              It is an international transaction. This is what trips fraud watch systems for most cardholders in the United States. Most issued cards actually have international transaction limits and blocks on them unless the card is present for the transaction. No internet transaction is considered as having the card present.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...