Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Animaniac1217
    • Sep 2001

Higher Level Staff Privilages

Are there plans for (Is there a way to) limiting super mod privilages? and on the same token, limit Administrator privilages inside the control pannel? I want to know if I'll have to hack it when i get vBB (shouldn't be too tough). Thanks
  • Black Tiger
    • Mar 2001

Yes.
    You can make forum specific moderators and supermoderators.
    In the usergroup you then can change the rights of what they can and can't do.

For administrators this is also available, you can always make a usergroup for yourself as admin with all the rights and limit the rights of other admins.
    All done by Control panel, no hacking needed.
    Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• The Prohacker
      • Apr 2001
      • 3.8.x

Currently there is no feature or hack that allows limiting admin's access to only certain parts of the Admin CP.

I also don't know if it'll be a feature, but you could htaccess the sections you don't want others to view...

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Re: Higher Level Staff Privilages

Originally posted by Animaniac1217
        Are there plans for (Is there a way to) limiting super mod privilages? and on the same token, limit Administrator privilages inside the control pannel? I want to know if I'll have to hack it when i get vBB (shouldn't be too tough). Thanks
        please enter your username on the form on this page http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php - to do so you need your customer license info to access the form
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Animaniac1217
          • Sep 2001

Re: Re: Higher Level Staff Privilages

Originally posted by eva2000
          please enter your username on the form on this page http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php - to do so you need your customer license info to access the form
          ... did you even read my post... I said when I get vBB... I don't have it now...

Comment

• WizyWyg
            • Jul 2001

Just to be sure, please ask these types of questions in the Pre-Sales forum. That way we know you dont own vBulletin.
            There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

• George L
              Former vBulletin Support
              • May 2000
              • 3.8.x

Re: Re: Re: Higher Level Staff Privilages

Originally posted by Animaniac1217

... did you even read my post... I said when I get vBB... I don't have it now...
              sorry about that i read your post and well it was posted in the wrong forum - pre-sales forum is what you need to post in http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...?s=&forumid=47
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
                • Sep 2001

We did exactly that on our board .. we created a new user group and and basically copied over the admin panel taking out the options that would mess with the forum and setting the permissions for the usergroup accordingly.

If I am not mistaken, there is also a hack out at vbulletin.org that does the same.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...