X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arabaction
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin 3.8.4 license

after I upgrade a license vBulletin 3.8.4 to vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite and forum , can I sell the old a license vBulletin 3.8.4 forum which I use it now on my site and use the new license vBulletin 4.0 for both Publishing Suite and forum ?
    برزة الخليج
  • SecondV
    • May 2006
    • 3.8.x

If you upgraded your 3.8.4 license to a 4.0 license, then no. In that case you technically no longer have a 3.8.4 license (although you could run 3.8.4 until 4.0 is released, I'd imagine). I'll have to find the post, but someone asked a similar question that has an official staff reply

EDIT: here you go, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...o-someone-else
    Last edited by SecondV; Sun 25 Oct '09, 7:36pm.
    Regards,
    Eric Sizemore

My modifications

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

No, upgrading a license does not give you a second license.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sd2310
        • Oct 2008
        • 4.1.x

In this case, it's the full edition that you must buy. You're right, it would be very interesting to sell the old version to cover part of the update price. But don't dream

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...