vBulletin Better Allow Refunds - What Happened?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Mark.B
    Maybe, but of course that's "jam tomorrow", and we've been hearing that since 3.6.

Will we hear the same thing with 4.1?

Some, like me, have got bored with it and will make our own improvemnts to 3.8 from now on.

Such as my comment above...after YEARS of promising multi content search, we STILL have separate pages for new forum posts, new social group posts, new blog posts, etc. HOW can this have been overlooked, when so many people have highlighted it?

The single reason blogs and social groups don't work is that they aren't included in getdaily/getnew, and yet in vB4 they STILL aren't included. I can't actually believe that!
    Mark, with all due respect it is clear you have already made up your mind. Which begs the question why are you asking questions like this when your mind is made up? Nothing I say is going to alter your viewpoint.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Mark, with all due respect it is clear you have already made up your mind. Which begs the question why are you asking questions like this when your mind is made up? Nothing I say is going to alter your viewpoint.
      I've been known to change my mind. No situation is ever unrecoverable, in my book. Though granted it's unlikely.

However, these are suggestions that also impact other customers. Having getdaily and getnew cover all content is something quite a few people thought was a given - to discover it's STILL not here is not going to be popular. There doesn't seem to be any point in bothering to rewrite the search platform if it's all still going to be separated - I'd wager on many sites getdaily and getnew are the single most frequent uses for the search script.

Yes it's correct that as things stand I won't be using vB4 but that surely doesn't preclude me making suggestions that might benefit others, and generally airing my views on what's going on. Besides, the company might change its stance on certain things and then I might change mine. It probably won't happen any time soon, but it could in the future, you never know. Or 4.1 might blow me away with brilliance.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• aussiefooty
        • Nov 2008
        • 6.0.X

From what I just read I could tell that the tone from the OP wasn't going to be friendly.
        It started off with the mad smiley in the topic.
        You have to remember it is a BETA version..... and not the final thing.....
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Ptwiggens
          Banned
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
          You have to remember it is a BETA version..... and not the final thing.....
          Why do people keep saying this?

New features or completely new forum platform are not going to magically drop out of the sky all the sudden. What you are seeing now is just going to be more stable at gold, not anything new.

Comment

• Shamil.
            • Feb 2008
            • 4.2.X

You don't need to state the obvious schwab2clarkson, the OP find him/herself in a situation no one likes to find themselves in, and that's the problem with pre-sales in this situation.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• aussiefooty
              • Nov 2008
              • 6.0.X

That's what they were MEANT to do..... Pity that you don't like change in any form and decide to rant on about it.
              It would be funny to see people like you being asked to put up with the changes. However, I know that it won't be happening.
              From what I read a little while back, the guys don't do refunds. If you want to leave, then leave. I am sure wherever you go to next will probably be worse.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• dutchbb
                • Nov 2003
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                I've been known to change my mind.
                That's not what you told me yesterday. But good that you are thinking more openminded now.

Originally posted by Ptwiggens
                Why do people keep saying this?<br /><br />New features or completely new forum platform are not going to magically drop out of the sky all the sudden. What you are seeing now is just going to be more stable at gold, not anything new.
                And some of us are actually happy with the changes that are coming. For what I'm paying, i feel I get good value. You don't, and that's ok, you are free to look elsewhere for a better deal. But trust me, IPB has its problems too.

Comment

• Shamil.
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 4.2.X

You should know this by now: refunds are dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

• Ptwiggens
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson
                    That's what they were MEANT to do..... Pity that you don't like change in any form and decide to rant on about it.
                    It would be funny to see people like you being asked to put up with the changes. However, I know that it won't be happening.
                    This is a joke, right? I'm complaining about the lack of change, and you are telling me that I am against change?

Comment

• aussiefooty
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6.0.X

Why do people keep saying this?

New features or completely new forum platform are not going to magically drop out of the sky all the sudden. What you are seeing now is just going to be more stable at gold, not anything new.
                      Because that's what it is..... Don't you read the announcements? Maybe you should and then learn to think before typing up your rant about the software.

Originally posted by ct2k7
                      You don't need to state the obvious schwab2clarkson, the OP find him/herself in a situation no one likes to find themselves in, and that's the problem with pre-sales in this situation.
                      Yeah maybe you are right there. However, some people are silly and just type up all of their thoughts without reading the announcements that the guys have given up their time to write up for us to read.
                      Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

This is a joke, right? I'm complaining about the lack of change, and you are telling me that I am against change?
                        Have you ever met schwab2clarkson in the forums before?

She's on my ignore list. The only person in nearly a decade of extensive forum use who has ever made it to my ignore list. And I speak as someone who would put myself on my ignore list if I wasn't me. You get the idea.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• aussiefooty
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 6.0.X

You are against change. I can tell this by the negative stuff you have written. You come on here and expect a refund without reading the official announcments first and then tell everyone that you think you know everything and decide to rant all about it.
                          Go to the top of the forum and read the announcements and then calm down.
                          Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Honestly this thread has gotten too far off track. Please post any suggestions in the appropriate forum. And as stated refunds are decided on a case-by-case basis.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                              • Aug 2000

That is the point... they just completely rewrote software to be just as lame as it was before the rewrite.
                              Except we didn't. We have been saying for the last year that the rewrite would be done in stages. In this first stage, we rewrote the Style and Search layers, added some features that have long been requested by customers and built a new CMS from the ground up as an MVC application. Next phase, we'll rewrite more subsystems and so forth.

If we were to rewrite vBulletin from the ground up it would take at least 2 years before you see a product. That is the estimate given by the developers. Going off this current development cycle, I would say it could stretch to 4-5 years. That simply can't happen. So the approach was changed to make it happen in stages.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...