vBulletin Better Allow Refunds - What Happened?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ptwiggens
    Banned
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Mark.B
    I didn't find the email misleading. Annoying, yes, but not misleading. they were very upfront about how they wanted to screw more money out of me.
    Read the email... they make no mention of the product not being ready yet. All language in the email would lead any reasonable person to assume that the product is done and will be released after a short presale for current customers.

Comment

• Ace
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Ptwiggens
      Read the email... they make no mention of the product not being ready yet. All language in the email would lead any reasonable person to assume that the product is done and will be released after a short presale for current customers.
      Where do they mention it is available now?
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• VonDoom
        • Dec 2008
        • 3.8.x

I personally didn't get that from the email but i was at least expecting a demo. I was disappointed to see there wasn't one at the time.

Comment

• Ptwiggens
          Banned
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Ace
          Where do they mention it is available now?
          It obviously doesn't explicitly say it, but if you surveyed all of the people that got that email and asked if they thought the product was available after reading it, I would bet the vast majority would say yes.

Comment

• Ptwiggens
            Banned
            • Jan 2007

Please move this thread to VB4 Suggestions...

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

It obviously doesn't explicitly say it, but if you surveyed all of the people that got that email and asked if they thought the product was available after reading it, I would bet the vast majority would say yes.

I didn't. But perhaps I'm not a typical example.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ptwiggens
                Banned
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Mark.B

I didn't. But perhaps I'm not a typical example.
                Clearly you aren't given that you have 1800 posts and probably have a very good idea of where development is at because you are on here so much.

Comment

• sensimilla
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by pds
                  Seems like the people satisfied with how things have been handled need to pipe up. I'm not sure where people are getting their expectations from, but all the emails I have received from vB have stated my options clearly. They have also followed through on everything. It's sad that people are chiming in with all the features they expected...right before the release. Usually that info is helpful much earlier in the development process.

Anyway, I am tired of reading the negative, and just wanted to chime in with a thank you to vB from a 8+ year customer.

So tell me what makes the difference that im not thinking about upgrade anymore. And for last few years I was upgrading with the first beta releases. I have doubts.
                  StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
                  Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Clearly you aren't given that you have 1800 posts and probably have a very good idea of where development is at because you are on here so much.
                    Clearly that's the case, fair comment.
                    Originally posted by sensimilla
                    So tell me what makes the difference that im not thinking about upgrade anymore. And for last few years I was upgrading with the first beta releases. I have doubts.
                    me too. As a long term "early adopter", I'm not even going to touch vB4 at any time.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Ptwiggens
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2007

I'm the same way... upgraded on first betas (after testing on a copy of the forum to make sure they wouldn't mess things up too badly, of course).

Comment

• =Master=
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 3.6.x

I think you are too lazzy, i still like the "click" refresh sound

Comment

• HMBeaty
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by =Master=
                          I think you are too lazzy, i still like the "click" refresh sound
                          What are you talking about?
                          "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
                          "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
                          "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• Ptwiggens
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by HMBeaty
                            What are you talking about?
                            I believe he is saying that he would prefer that other's responses don't automatically load on the page because he likes having to click to see new responses. I'm sure they could make it so that each user can choose if they want real time updates...

Comment

• Hiiragi
                              • May 2009
                              • 3.8.x

• Poll choice/results load using ajax
                                Another feature that would use ajax that I would personally disable if I could.
                              • When viewing a thread, new replies from others load using ajax in real time
                                Moderately useful at best and yet another ajax feature I'd disable if given the option. Something like this is available on vb.org.
                              • Goes with above, option to have thread ordered in reverse chronological so new replies load at top.
                                You can already do this.
                              • Ajax Thread Pagination
                                Yet another ajax feature I'd disable. Have fun getting spiders to crawl your thread pages?
                              • On-Page notifications of thread replies, PM's, mentions, etc. that fade after a few seconds...
                              • Mentions - any time someone uses your username, you would get a notification.
                                Do you really need to know whenever someone mentions your name? This isn't IRC. On-page notifications would just keep adding up and clutter your screen. Is it really that bad to click on he notification dropdown or navigate to your user cp?
                              • Personalized Forum - You select which forums you want to include and it conglomerates those threads into one feed so you don't have to be scrolling all over the place to read threads in different forums. There could also be additional rules you could set, like include any threads your friends participate in. This is just off the top of my head... could probably come up with something amazing with some time.
                                Forum subscriptions would do this just fine. You could also allow forums to be collapsible and people could choose what they see. Including threads your friends participate in seems like it would be very inefficient to get.
                              • CHAT! Exactly like facebook chat but for vBulletin.
                              • Chatrooms
                                Go to Facebook/IRC/MSN/AIM/etc if you want that. Instead of actually using the forums to discuss things, the chatbox I had was used instead. To me it was counter productive for the forums to be used less because there was a chat option. We run forums, after all, not chat/IM services.

===================

If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of overloading my board with tons of ajax features. For most of what you want, vb.org will likely have a solution for you. vB is highly customizable. There's no reason you can't find someone to provide a solution for you. While I'm not terribly impressed about how vB4 was handled, I do prefer that the software comes in a simple package and I don't have to turn off 100 features because I like to keep things simple.

Comment

• Ptwiggens
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Hiiragi
                                [LIST][*]
                                Another feature that would use ajax that I would personally disable if I could.
                                Why would you disable this?

Moderately useful at best and yet another ajax feature I'd disable if given the option. Something like this is available on vb.org.
                                I guess because you don't find it useful means others won't find it hugely useful.

You can already do this.
                                Over your head...

Yet another ajax feature I'd disable. Have fun getting spiders to crawl your thread pages?
                                That's the best you could come up with? Like any other ajax controlled feature, a spider would see it as a link and would crawl it just fine.

Do you really need to know whenever someone mentions your name? This isn't IRC. On-page notifications would just keep adding up and clutter your screen. Is it really that bad to click on he notification dropdown or navigate to your user cp?
                                Yes, it is. When someone mentions my name, I want to see it... kind of just like how someone mentions me on facebook or anywhere else I want to see it. Why would you not want to know when people are talking about you in a thread... this would be hugely popular.

Forum subscriptions would do this just fine. You could also allow forums to be collapsible and people could choose what they see. Including threads your friends participate in seems like it would be very inefficient to get.
                                Forum subscriptions does not do anything like what I am talking about... In fact, I don't even know how you could conceive of forum subscriptions filling the same role. Your credibility = Lost.

I'm gonna stop responding right there, but the rest of your points are equally as useless.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...