What is the difference between VB4 Vs IPB Vs phpBB?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ang2el
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.7.x

What is the difference between VB4 Vs IPB Vs phpBB?

I would love to hear from the VB team about what is the difference between VB4 Vs IPB Vs phpBB (current version)?

Do we have a comparison chart between them?

Thanks in advance.
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by ang2el
    I would love to hear from the VB team about what is the difference between VB4 Vs IPB Vs phpBB (current version)?
    The latter 2 exist at the moment. vB4 is alpha. There are planned features off the main page but it seems that the development may be staggered. I'm not sure they can provide a comparison chart until they are at least in beta.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• ang2el
      • Oct 2005
      • 3.7.x

Thanks slinky.

Comment

• eyelleye
        • Mar 2003
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by slinky
        The latter 2 exist at the moment. vB4 is alpha. There are planned features off the main page but it seems that the development may be staggered. I'm not sure they can provide a comparison chart until they are at least in beta.
        Isn't this forum running beta1? It says "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Beta 1 Copyright © 2009 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved." at the bottom of the page. I'd be surprised at a comparison chart to the competition, but probably there'd be one comparing to vbulletin 3.

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by eyelleye
          Isn't this forum running beta1? It says "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Beta 1 Copyright © 2009 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved." at the bottom of the page. I'd be surprised at a comparison chart to the competition, but probably there'd be one comparing to vbulletin 3.
          From what I read, this is really an alpha that is now being called a beta or a "really, really early beta that would never be released as a beta" or something like that. There is a chart on the main page that lists features. You can figure out what it has but not sure it's meaningful without context.
          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• grabacontroller
            Banned
            • Mar 2006
            • 3.8.x

Check this out:

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

phbb is a little buggy and not nearley as secure as vB IPB couldn't pay me to use their software. i am not going to trash eather so i will leave this post as is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...