No discounts for mulitiple license upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lazyseller
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.5.x

No discounts for mulitiple license upgrades?

Come on now. So for us customers who have been loyal customers with multiple licenses and will bite the bullet to upgrade our 10, 20, 30 licenses dont get a discount?

It appears our loyality discount is a new license like a new customer!!!
  • Mike Anime
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Do you offer any discounts if I purchase more than one license?

Yes - we offer discounts for purchases of three or more licenses. The price for each license decreases depending on the number of licenses you already own and the number that you wish to purchase:
    Regular Forum Price$1953 to 5 Forum Licenses$185.00 per license6 to 10 Forum Licenses$175.00 per license11 to 24 Forum Licenses$167.00 per license25 to 49 Forum Licenses$158.00 per license50+ Forum Licenses$150.00 per licenseRegular Suite Price$285.003 to 5 Suite Licenses$270.00 per license6 to 10 Suite Licenses$257.00 per license11 to 24 Suite Licenses$244.00 per license25 to 49 Suite Licenses$232.00 per license50+ Suite Licenses$220.00 per license
    There are two ways to qualify for bulk pricing. You can place your license order all at once, in which case the discount applies to all licenses purchased. The second method is cumulative. In this case if you purchase two licenses, both these will be at full price. However the third license purchased will be at the bulk rate.

Comment

• lazyseller
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.5.x

Yes thats the discount for new customers. If you are an existing customer with 15 license some expired some leased there seems to be 0 discount to upgrade.

Comment

• Mike Anime
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by lazyseller
        Yes thats the discount for new customers. If you are an existing customer with 15 license some expired some leased there seems to be 0 discount to upgrade.

try and contact [email protected] they might be able to offer a solution that would be cheaper.

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by lazyseller
          The bulk pricing seems to begin at 3 licenses as was quoted. I've clicked upgrade on the magic number of licenses I own to pre-release upgrade and there is a zero discount. I also have several recently expired licenses too. I don't think there is a discount offered on these upgrades and none have been announced at this point. If you hear anything, let me know. As of now, I'm scrambling to figure out what we'll do given the narrow window.
          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• lazyseller
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.5.x

No go. I was told by staff to look in my control panel.

Gotta love the loytalty multiple license discount. 0.00

Comment

• Mike Anime
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

i just found this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320542

Ray Morgan
              vBulletin General Manager

Pre-Sale offer for customers with expired licenses
              Due to an overwhelming response and interest in the pre-sale event for vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite, we've decided to extend an offer to those customers with inactive licenses.

For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.

For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.

These limited time offers expire on October 30, 2009. Beginning on October 31, the price will be $285.

You will be able to take advantage of this offer in the next couple of days - we are currently working to make it an option in your shopping cart. We will notify you once this offer is live on the website.
              Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Team

The changes for these offers are now available in the shopping cart.

Comment

• slinky
                • Mar 2001
                • 1.1.x

We've all seen that thread. All it means is that if you had a forum and just want to upgrade the forum, the presale price is $190 instead of buying a whole new license for $195. Essentially the way to look at it is if you need the suite you're being forced to buy. Many already have a CMS and several months out is a long time to wait to see if it works for you. If you just want to run a forum you're as good as a non-customer and your investment is gone. Instead of you getting some value from your license, Jelsoft has decided that they should get the cash you would get from selling your investment on the resale market. It's a business decision and those are the facts. From what I've seen and heard there is no volume discount. Unless you were unfortunate enough to buy brand free, there is no incentive to upgrade just the forum and you might as well buy another license in several months if you want to continue using the product. Ironically, if you're buying all new licenses for forums only you'll get a better deal as a volume discount than someone who invested in the forums and building vBulletin's brand over the past 8-9 years. It's my last day here, hoping things might change but it doesn't appear that way. I've got choices to make and it will be done. Thanks to all of you for the good research and time to discuss.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Mike Anime
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

i bought the suite because i figured if i do that and like the cms, blog etc i am all set for the next 2 to 5 years perhaps longer.

i thought about switching to IPB but i left them years ago over lies they made and the big deal they made out of those us who brought up the subject in their forums.

vB is at least honest, they might be late getting details out but atleast those details are the truth.

(the lie IPB made was their software would always be FREE. there were other issues i had with them on their support, pricing etc.) I am not trashing IPB just stating the facts as to why i refuse to use them.

i trust vB will make us proud on the 4.0 suite. at the verry least it should make working on my site so much easier to work on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...