No Community Bulletin/Newsletter Script in vB4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutral Singh
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

No Community Bulletin/Newsletter Script in vB4?

So many new features, insane price rise and yet there is no community bulletin feature in vB4... what is the use of all these publishing features, when we can not even send a decently formatted newsletter to our community members. In today's world of email marketing, a newsletter script in any such social networking script is a basic necessity...
    Last edited by Neutral Singh; Sun 18 Oct '09, 8:37am.

• CyberSultan
    • Oct 2009

I agree 100%.

Comment

• ra87
      • Oct 2009

To be honest, when it's released, it might have. You have to remember, they have not fully finished developing everything yet.

Comment

• CyberSultan
        • Oct 2009

Would like to know if this is on the roadmap for VB4.

Comment

• Booth
          • Jan 2005
          • 4.2.X

This should be on the roadmap. It's something that gets members to return to the site, I think the casual members appreciate having an email summary of what's going on on the site.
          Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
          Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

• chriske
            • Oct 2008

The price is fine with me, but I hope the newsletter script is coming with the 4.0 publishing suite

I want newsletters that look nice
            Please vote for:
            - Lightbox for all uploads
            - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

Comment

• veenuisthebest
              • Mar 2008
              • 3.8.x

Singh sir, there's not even HTML email sending capability in 4.0, then Community Bulletin/Newsletter Script is just too much to ask for.

Comment

• CyberSultan
                • Oct 2009

Still hoping for an official response on this post.

Comment

• CyberSultan
                  • Oct 2009

Just looking to see if I can get an official response to this post as I'm sure it's been viewed. Is it in the roadmap? Not currently in the roadmap but you see value in implementing it? Not interested in implementing it?

Comment

• Charlie_Brown
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Booth
                    This should be on the roadmap. It's something that gets members to return to the site, I think the casual members appreciate having an email summary of what's going on on the site.
                    I concur with this as I am using an addon to do something to the effect but it is an we miss you only email. I knew there was a mod to do this in vb 3.5 and vb 3.6 but the mod went into the graveyard making it impossible to get again.

Comment

• Trekkan
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Charlie_Brown
                      I concur with this as I am using an addon to do something to the effect but it is an we miss you only email. I knew there was a mod to do this in vb 3.5 and vb 3.6 but the mod went into the graveyard making it impossible to get again.
                      There's a 3.7 or 3.8 version out as well. However it's not written as well as I'd like or feature rich. But it does exist. While I have no idea what is going to happen in VB4, I'd suspect that a lot of things that you might think should be part of the core product (and I'm not going to argue that either way), you'll probably see as user written add-ons again. As without those, honestly VB wouldn't be used nearly as much I don't think.

I agree though, having a nice system for this, WOULD be nice. =)

Comment

• Sojobo
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 3.6.x

I'd also love to see a newsletter feature implemented into vB, even if it's not in the initial release.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by CyberSultan
                          Just looking to see if I can get an official response to this post as I'm sure it's been viewed. Is it in the roadmap? Not currently in the roadmap but you see value in implementing it? Not interested in implementing it?
                          It is something we can look into. I haven't heard any definite word yet though.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• feldon23
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.7.x

A good first step is just allowing HTML e-mails to be sent from vBulletin. There's a thread in the 3.8 Suggestions forum regarding that. Once we get past that, and this would require adding HTMLified versions of every e-mail that vBulletin sends, then the next step is allowing admins to place more and more info into the outgoing e-mails based on existing forum/blog/cms info.

Comment

• starman™
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by feldon23
                              A good first step is just allowing HTML e-mails to be sent from vBulletin. There's a thread in the 3.8 Suggestions forum regarding that. Once we get past that, and this would require adding HTMLified versions of every e-mail that vBulletin sends, then the next step is allowing admins to place more and more info into the outgoing e-mails based on existing forum/blog/cms info.
                              I concur - HTML emails are the way to go as a minimum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...