Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobParker
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Blackbook
    IF you've already paid for a vb4 license - Then you're covered with every release up until vb5.You're previous vb3 license and expiry date are null and void as you've still only got the ONE license.
    That SHOULD be the case but clearly isn't.

As I said, it's been made clear that the VB4 license is a "sub-license" (whatever that means) of my VB3 license which doesn't "take precedence" until VB4 is released.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Blackbook
      Prices are for forums only - I'm not interested in CMS.
      It can be turned off in the AdminCP if you're truly not interested. If you're interested in 6 months, then you can simply turn it on again.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bklynjava
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TWood
        No kidding...

Pay $130 and be set with everything you can possibly need until version 5.

They've pointed a HUGE spotlight on the path they recommend you take, and now there's all these complaint posts from people who want to run off into the brush. Herding cats, I suppose...
        I agree it's a pretty easy choice for me considering my site is already like the new 4.0 with my own mods/integrations.

I have my blog area and home articles with shopping cart and forums now to see how well the 4.0 will do for me.

Comment

• Blackbook
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          It can be turned off in the AdminCP if you're truly not interested. If you're interested in 6 months, then you can simply turn it on again.
          I have no interest in paying $130 now. No way.

I may be interested in taking a 'discount' when my payment is due...certainly not before I've seen the product.

Are you certain you aren't going to be offering a discount for us current, owned, license holder's times are up?
          It's an omen...

Comment

• tann3100
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            The two statements are really the same in the large scheme of things.

1) Currently you are still under your vBulletin 3.X license. You can download the software etc...

2) If you can download from the vBulletin 4.0 Suite license, you will actually get vBulletin 3.8.4 PL1 at this time.

3) Once vBulletin 4.0 Suite is made available to you, then you will be able to download vBulletin Suite 4.0. Your vBulletin 3.8.X license will then be deactivated at that point.

For those that do not upgrade to the Suite or a 4.0 Forum license, their 3.X license will remain active until its posted expiry date. Once it expires, they will no longer receive access to any updates.
            So your saying if we go ahead and buy the upgrade for the Suite 4.0 we will get 3.8.x until the release of 4.0?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tann3100
              So your saying if we go ahead and buy the upgrade for the Suite 4.0 we will get 3.8.x until the release of 4.0?
              You could use 3.8 all you wanted and not upgrade to 4.0 untill you're ready.

Comment

• tann3100
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                You could use 3.8 all you wanted and not upgrade to 4.0 untill you're ready.
                As long as I get 4.0 when it comes out Im game. Im still currently running 3.6.8 so would be a welcome upgrade either way. Im thinking about doing this as long as I get the 4.0 and actually get something for the money in the interim.

Comment

• Darkimmortal
                  • Apr 2009

This thread has restored my faith in vBulletin. $130 is a totally acceptable price to pay considering the full CMS system that comes along with it.

Comment

• Shelby
                    • May 2004

Well,

Today, that's all you have to pay. The licensing structure is written so that the terms can change at any time. So there is the definate possability there may be some hidden charges sometime in the future. Similar to how the change now have occured.

Comment

• bklynjava
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Shelby
                      Well,

Today, that's all you have to pay. The licensing structure is written so that the terms can change at any time. So there is the definate possability there may be some hidden charges sometime in the future. Similar to how the change now have occured.
                      I doubt that very much.

The licensing structure is written to protect and inform, yes things are always subject to change and as such they should be protected by the license agreement.

No one is forced to accept the terms.

I am more than happy to pay for the upgrade and even another license at the prices listed.

This right here says it all - SEE THE BOLD.

Support / Good support is the key to every successful business.

I look forward to busting chops when I have too.

4.0 PUBLISHING SUIT

• Indefinite software license
                      • Includes Forums, Blogs, and CMS modules
                      • Free updates for this version
                      • Discounts for next version upgrades
                      • Free forum and ticket support
                      • Total value: $495

Comment

• Shelby
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by bklynjava
                        I doubt that very much. The licensing structure is written to protect and inform, yes things are always subject to change and as such they should be protected by the license agreement.
                        Just like,

If you asked everyone this time last year if they'd have to pay 250$ to keep their blogs, people would think you were crazy and that the license was written to "protect and inform". However, reality shows, today Blog Owners need to pay 250$ in order to keep the blog up to date.

Comment

• bklynjava
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 3.6.x

Just like,

If you asked everyone this time last year if they'd have to pay 250$ to keep their blogs, people would think you were crazy and that the license was written to "protect and inform". However, reality shows, today Blog Owners need to pay 250$ in order to keep the blog up to date.

If my parents were different I'd be 6', you ever heard the saying you get what you pay for?

Go get a free blog and BB and be done with it --> I personally stand behind VB and as long as it's a reasonable expense and does what I need and like I will.

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Just like,

I'm not sure where you are getting 250 from right now. The suite upgrad price during the sale is 130. I would urge you to take advantage of the discounted price.

Comment

• Shelby
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Zachery
                              I'm not sure where you are getting 250 from right now. The suite upgrad price during the sale is 130. I would urge you to take advantage of the discounted price.
                              For some people, in this recession, dropping 130$ per license, is difficult to say the least. For people that own more than one license like myself, I have a total of about 10 licenses between my accounts, the upgrade is simply unreasonablely and too short of a time to upgrade all my accounts. I wish I could just drop the 1300$ it will take me, but it's simply impossible. It's a shame this couldn't have been communciated before hand so more customers could give you more money. But alas.

Not only that, but who knows when the next version will come unannouced and I'll be caught yet again, perhaps struggling to pay an even higher price for something. No roadmap, makes it extremely difficult to say the least to plan.

Comment

• pts123
                                • Oct 2007

I don't understand?

Why are they doing a pre-order thing? Can't they wait until the product is available to ask for our money. With all the changes they're making and the CMS/Blog part.

I would like to see it, not just pay blindly. I have more than one active license, so the end of this month date is important, but I want to play with it. I would just upgrade one of my licenses, so I can see if it's worth it. But, it seems like I have to commit every upgrade and pay for it without knowing what it's like . . . am I right or wrong here?

They need to give us time to see it and install it, before commiting every active license to get the $130 deal . . .

JD in KC

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...